Katanas for Luck Suits

Post by Calvin »

for bushido honour ;)

hit while pet tanks. im using #3
scatman likes this.
Calvin

Re: Katanas for Luck Suits

Post by Calvin »

looking forward to seeing what sorta jewels i can pull from monsters with the luck statue and bushido on top. lrc luck parts could be better tho tbh.

goin pretty good tho, already tamed 2 cu and 2 greater dragons :D

i have a 2/6 suit to swap in for champ spawns, but tamer's all about the luck suit rly. 2/6 suit uses mark of travesty and stuff is why odd numbers on some skills.

spawner suit needs more sdi

still got some spare skill points tho!
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

nah, you need lucky blade or adventure machete

https://uo.stratics.com/database/view.p ... 58&cat=852
https://uo.stratics.com/database/view.p ... 51&cat=852

but, i m for lucky blade, because it have name lucky, i was see already someone make it 160 luck weapon before some time when i play xD

about PC you katana...

they dont have value, if compare them and sword of prosperity i can see only advatage in 1 hand weapon and little more luck if use vesper shield but decrease -2FC and get mage weapon -20+ is very big disadvatage for little luck buff
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

only if using magery a lot, im just gonna let the pet do the tanking+damage and heal it with bandages :)

i figure the hit lower attack and defence will help the pet a lot too.

was expecting that answer tbh, but i dunno, i think they could be usable

the first 2 are for sale anyway if anyone wants to pm me an offer
MMMartin likes this.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

but you cant change FACT you need lucky blade for make MAX LUCK xD
Calvin likes this.
scatman

Post by scatman »

lookig forward to see the jewels :)
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

was gonna wait to bond pets, but i might just take some of these lesser dragons out
Rogue Noob

Post by Rogue Noob »

you will be highly disappointed
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

nothing amazing yet, but this is just a couple of hours hunting greater dragons..
(had to wait for bonding)

i think it's rolling in the right area now, so shouldn't be long to pull something nice

on my paladin i would have gotten like 1 of these from using the luck statue, so it's definitely working.
(that's with killing them A LOT faster as well)

(tho not a chance of getting perfection on greater dragons without hci and more combat skill, i usually stop around 5 hits)
(that's still like 2223 luck with statue + whatever it gets up to from bushido)

(one of these days i'll build a luck suit for my paladin... some how. probably cant tbh, it's right though, balances the classes. wouldn't be fair if i could kill 10x as fast and get the same loot... *considers hh pack*)

the trick is you need the low rolls to land on things like faster casting, cos that only has a range of 1-1
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oooh yeah, we dropping the epix now
:lol:

the first 2 katans should be in selling really, they are for sale.
Ciro

Post by Ciro »

Maybe u can use provok or disco in ur luck suit :)
Ciro#7619
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

would rather the +1000 luck ;)

it is a choice tho, swords and bushido is 200 skill points i can spend elsewhere. but that's what the soul stones are for :)

if im planning to keep hunting greater dragons tho, then i need more sword skill and hci... can get perfection on a paragon balron, you only need to get it then stop attacking. dragon does the rest. but 140 wrestle dragons are too high to even get it once, have to stop around 5 hits :/

even with the hld.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

my tamer just afk solo'd a drake accidentally :D
0 tactics, 0 anat. just with base damage and gm swords :D

see this is the sort of thing i get on my paladin where you want the loot pack to be bumped

luck does a lot. seriously. just most people are playing with bushido so they get the honour bonus and dont notice.

--------

see these sorts of items are from a good loot pack, but they are still crap without the bump on top.
(just looking at the number of mods and base intensity)

the odds of me getting good items on my paladin are very low. i can get a bumped pack with 300 luck. and i can kill many monsters very fast, to get lots of rolls. but the odds of getting:
a good loot pack in the first place + the item i want + the mods i want + bumped loot pack. are very low, because i need all 4 rolls to land high. if you take a roll out of that you only need 3.

even killing monsters 10 times as fast. the odds will still balance out in favour of the luck suit massively.
purely based on the number of possible mods, and the number of possible intensities.
we need it to bump when it counts.

the 1000 luck from bushido is very generous, but it is for this reason. there is diminishing returns after 1000 luck, so with 1000 you actually have somewhere around 40% chance on that roll being a bump. it takes up to 4000 to make that 100%.

what they figure is you cant make a warrior that can kill strong monsters, and give him luck.
so this is their solution. otherwise warriors have a lot of difficulty getting good loot items.
which is why i hunt mostly events with Calvin, where luck doesn't matter.
but now the luck statue actually lets me play him for loot for an hour a day!

------

Bumped, but not the item or mods i want.

so yeah my sentiments are basically:
Rogue Noob wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 7:44 pm you will be highly disappointed
no i wont.

and
scatman wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 6:06 pm looking forward to see the jewels :)
so am i :)

(btw that is the general principle of how to make kick ass anything in uo - stack shit, and throw the balancing off. the game expects you to be at a certain level, be higher and it will not cope well. you do that by creating unexpected synergies. like: putting bushido *with* a luck suit... ;))

only problem is i dont have so much of the grind stamina i did when i was younger :lol:
apparently i'd rather talk about it :?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin wrote: May 17th, 2020, 4:34 pm we need it to bump when it counts.

but it inspired me to use a 115 sword scroll on him and use a couple of bronze hammers to make a DC plate suit with self repair 4-5... cos i keep having to remake it to train combat skills.

kinda funny i am crafting for lower requirements, self repair, and durability...

now to find a HLD 30%ssi skinning knife... im sure i have one.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

extra 15 sword skill has made a BIG difference.
also trained up 125 dex for my attack dragon, took about 12 hours on a shadow ele, but again, BIG difference.

cooking with gas now :P

(gone from being able to get 50% perfection on about 50% of the dragons, to getting perfection on 75% of them. for 15 skill points that's beasty.)