Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
kobra

Re: scrapper book [demon slayer]

Post by kobra »

loler have a couple too :mrgreen:
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

damn, i destroy 3000 [300 books craft] REGS each in test server and dont get it...

chance get properity is only for 100 inscript + 120 magery? maxed??? or i can get better chance somehow?
Loler

Post by Loler »

I have 0 demon slayer scrappers
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"chance get properity is only for 100 inscript + 120 magery? maxed???"

does that help??

as far as i know it's just random. but the problem with slayer is that it rolls twice, not once.
"demon slayer" is not a mod in the list
"slayer" is the mod. then this rolls on another list of what type of slayer it is.

so when you are rolling for a slayer, it's actually got another roll in the calculation, so it multiplies the odds again.

then the entire mod of "slayer" is removed from the list, that's why you dont get double slayers, well except on items which have a slayer property by default outside the rolls.

if i remember right from when i looked into it.. there's also some dodgy shit to do with super slayer, like it has another roll again.. and there might be a "nothing" in the options as well.. im not sure on that one, but i think that's why sometimes it looks like your craft has dropped a mod.

because that mod has rolled like: slayer > super slayer > nothing.

see if you want to roll a 4 mod super slayer, you need to roll like: mana leech > high intensity > hit spell > high intensity > fc > any intensity > slayer > super slayer > demon

that is a lot of rolls, if there is 30 mods (there's not it's arbitrary number), missing out the intensity rolls.
then you are rolling like:
4:30 odds > 3:29 odds > 2:28 odds > 1:27 odds > 1 in 10 odds (for the number of slayers) > 1 in 6 odds (for the number of super slayers)

but that's why you roll slayers a lot less than other things, because slayer is just 1 mod in the original list, each type of slayer is not, or half the stuff you crafted would be a slayer of some type, or multiple types.

the perfect roll items are worth so much because they are so rare, they have astronomical odds, but the game rolls millions of times a day.

they can change those odds, or they can make it easier to get a roll for things, because people dont have the time to invest as much anymore. but they cant change the odds if people are automating things for thousands of rolls to play the old odds.
it's the same old issue of balancing between scipting and non-scripting players.

at 80kk you're trading 80 rolls for a 1 mod item, but it's actually basically a 2 mod item, cos it's 2 rolls. kinda like a LRC, MR2 one.
might even be 3 rolls if super slayer is a separate list, so equal to a 3 mod. but the third roll is only out of 6.
how many 2.5 mod scrappers did you make? about the same number i'll wager.

the actual value of things is pretty easy to work out in terms of rarity. the hard part comes when you have to factor in demand, and who is the target audience.

the important thing to remember is that when you are rolling for multiple mods, the odds of each roll do not add upwards, they mutiply downwards.

so if you are rolling for just mana leech, with a 4 mod hammer, you are rolling 1:30 + 1:29 + 1:28 + 1:27
=15409:109620
which is roughly 1:7

but if you are rolling for 4 specific mods, your odds will be 4:30 x 3:29 x 2:28 x 1:27
= 1:27405
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

i was craft 3000 regs [300x craft], best is regs are not lose when faul craft, [it was test server!!!!]

i get some slayers but not superslayer at all

best book was mr2 lrc 13 magery 11
second best 12ei 11 magery mr 1

others book i trash, so cant sure what get more, but i get tons LRC mods like 20+

and get only 5 books with 2 skills combo with [magery eval resist], medit dont conting,
never see 3 skills combo
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

they will have weighted the odds. so like it'll get a random number from 1-100.

then just as an example, if it's 0-60 it'll be 1 mod, 61-95 will be 2 mod, 96-100 will be 3 mod.

then it will have a list of like 30 odd things, get a random number from 1-30, assign mod that is at number X in the list.

get another random number from min_intensity to max_intensity.

one of those mods in the list will be slayer, and if you roll that it will get another random number, 1-list_length, assign. etc.

the problem is that the random number generator is not great.. there is a true random in the default libraries, but it's for like encoding and decryption, you can still use it, but it would probably nuke the server with the sheer number of rolls. what demise uses is a seeded random.. a pseudo random. so it appears random, but it's actually following a sequence based on the seed. i think that is a lil broken... spits out the same numbers all the time, gets stuck on a number a lot, stuff like that.

i would just gorilla fix it and put the shit mods in the places that are rarely spat out lol
like, swap fireball and life leech in the list, please lol. spell chan is a in a hot position too, get so many of those >.<
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

they could check it actually, just get the RNG to spit out a million numbers into a spreadsheet and graph it.

UO can write to a text file, i've seen the loot indexer scripts. so do that, import the text file into excel, graph it, and look at the number of occurrences of each number.

i would bet you will not see an even distribution.

i will even bet that whatever 14 intensity translates out to, wins lol.

just put the good mods in the high frequency positions, and everyone will be happy. it doesn't have to be perfect really, just make sure it is coming out in the players favour, and they can think it's true random. at the moment it's the opposite... which is kinda good for longevity, but not in our case.

and put super slayer where earth ele slayer is.

honestly the odds are alright, the number of mods is alright, just the RNG is not good.
Teepolizer2

Post by Teepolizer2 »

i found one!
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (208.24 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
MMMartin likes this.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

i wannnnnaaaa, look at him, completly BADASS, what can do one book xD