Invalid Huge bug fix now please

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Bad Religion

Huge bug fix now please

Post by Bad Religion »

A blue attacked my blue, I counted him. I ressed and he res killed me and I couldnt count him again. He was 100% criminal and flagging by attacking me. Fix this asap
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Huge bug fix now please

Post by Bama »

Bad Religion wrote:A blue attacked my blue, I counted him. I ressed and he res killed me and I couldnt count him again. He was 100% criminal and flagging by attacking me. Fix this asap
This might not help you but ......

The players that have been here a while remember the old bug

A blue attacks another player
The blue kills the player
The blue is now criminal grey
The victim reports the blue
The victim resurrects while the blue who is now grey is still criminal
The victim suicides and is able to report the blue who is criminal
Rinse repeat the blue stays criminal
The blue becomes red

I am so glad they fixed that ……… sarcasm needs it’s own font

The sad part is and again the players that have been here a long time will remember this. The Admin at the time asked over and over for the flagging/criminal code to be tested. They went as far as delaying updates until that was tested.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

you're right that doesnt help me. On osi you kill a blue over and over and he can count you over and over assuming you havnt flagged to him or gone criminal.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

I figured as much that’s why I gave you a little insight on how things were handled around here.

You have to admit they did get rid of the first exploit.

I’m not sure if it was fixed or not but at one time if
I attacked you and we both stayed alive for the timer to end on me you would turn criminal whether I took any damage or not.

We will be entering a new decade soon and this broken flagging crap was reported last decade.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I think it's just a timer issue. Like 5 minutes or so, probably longer, between counts. I only give counts to blues normally. If the debuffs are still broken this could cause an issue. I can't remember if some of them are still active post mortem, but if they are you could give multiple counts for the same attack. I imagine if perfectly timed you could also do multiple counts with one conflag.

Lots of stuff to test before implementing this. We need the TC back.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Loler

Post by Loler »

So bama can you clarify the old bug. I'm the murderous blue I kill some newby lj blue and take count 1. He instantly rezes by his friend and has his friend kill him. He can still count me even if i didn't re attack him? Continuously till im red? Or does he have to die to me over and over to keep counting me. I prefer a 5 minute timer as opposed to multiple murder counts for 1 offense. Otherwise if i can't get multiple murder counts for 1 offense i prefer no timer.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Loler wrote:So bama can you clarify the old bug. I'm the murderous blue I kill some newby lj blue and take count 1. He instantly rezes by his friend and has his friend kill him. He can still count me even if i didn't re attack him? Continuously till im red? Or does he have to die to me over and over to keep counting me. I prefer a 5 minute timer as opposed to multiple murder counts for 1 offense. Otherwise if i can't get multiple murder counts for 1 offense i prefer no timer.

You are blue I am blue
You attack me you are no longer blue (criminal)
You kill me and I give you a count
I go Rez and kill myself while you are still criminal
I give you another count
I Rez again and kill myself again
I give you another count

That was how it happened to me I took 3 counts on 1 kill
Every time he rez’ed he would come near me and cast spells on himself and die
I finally killed the healer and he stopped
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Arden

Post by Arden »

Osi requires a player to do dmg in the “death” In order to be counted. ’ll explain below

Blue (A) attacks blue (B).

If B goes back to full life and A doesn’t attack again no count can be given to A.

If B never reaches back to full life and A did some % of that 100% of dmg Count can be given to A.

The reason this is good is bx it requires dmg to happen within the “death” (100% to 0)

Basically on death - check for all attackers not flagged by dead player since last 100% hp and allow Count on those attackers
This would fix both bugs in this thread..
The Silvertiger

Arden wrote:Osi requires a player to do dmg in the “death” In order to be counted. ’ll explain below

If B goes back to full life and A doesn’t attack again no count can be given to A.

If B never reaches back to full life and A did some % of that 100% of dmg Count can be given to A.

The reason this is good is bx it requires dmg to happen within the “death” (100% to 0)

Basically on death - check for all attackers not flagged by dead player since last 100% hp and allow Count on those attackers
So I can eo, para, curse, and any other non damaging aggressive action to assist in the murder of an innocent B and not receive a count?
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Arden wrote:Osi requires a player to do dmg in the “death” In order to be counted. ’ll explain below

So I can eo, para, curse, and any other non damaging aggressive action to assist in the murder of an innocent B and not receive a count?
Yup this might be changed now but that is what it was during ML

Edit - I’d have to check on para and curse.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Bad Religion wrote:you're right that doesnt help me. On osi you kill a blue over and over and he can count you over and over assuming you havnt flagged to him or gone criminal.
No. 5 min timer
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Vitek- wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:you're right that doesnt help me. On osi you kill a blue over and over and he can count you over and over assuming you havnt flagged to him or gone criminal.
No. 5 min timer
Nope that's not era accurate. they changed it to that.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

I remember trying to go red this way on siege as a kid during SE and it wouldn't work due to needing to wait 5 mins. Can you cite a pub?
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Loler

Post by Loler »

I can't site a pub but can confirm there was no 5 min timer. The "bug" in now was a change to stop the old bug. It's not a bug but an intended change probably based off the 5 minute timer maybe taken from osi during or passed cut off.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger

I will search for the publish
Selling List & Vendor