Update February 22, 2019

UOG: Demise news will be posted here.
Arden

Re: Update February 22, 2019

Post by Arden »

Can you please disable guards...the ground in occlo is like T2A...shitty for field fighting. Guardzone has more flat roads.

Please and Thanks
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Arden wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Bama wrote:I could use some help it's me and 3 Loop here

Syn_2-22_19.56-1.jpg
Bad religion was running around, but I think he said something about ping.
Went to test it...no one there...so we checked for people...ANDDDD BIG SURPRISE!

8 china and 3 hz sitting at brit gate...

trash server.
We moved to ocolo for a prox 15 mins
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Arden wrote:Can you please disable guards...the ground in occlo is like T2A...shitty for field fighting. Guardzone has more flat roads.

Please and Thanks
I agree. Town fighting is fun as well. You might be able to try the southeast near the fields.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Llama Vortex likes this.
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

I never post here but this is great that casting is being considered. My only suggestion would be to put teleport from Brit Gate to Occlo or potentially put some reason for people to be there.
Josh and koziar like this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

There is one ....
Legacy likes this.
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

Yeah I agree - it's cool that we have a spot that's sectioned off w/ the right casting, other than the pvp grounds. I just don't think we're going to be able to coordinate mass pvp there unless it becomes a default easy place to pvp (like BG) or there's some motivational draw to get the entire pvp population to go there. There's a lot of people who are apprehensive of the casting because they've spent the last 15 years w/ this casting (or faster). If we can almost force people to use it and get used to it, I think it could change minds - especially if they have fun fighting over and for something. I dunno - just my thoughts. I could be totally wrong but I really want this to be successful. Sorry if what I said was stupid or offensive to you somehow.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yea i agree with Ghent, I also don’t think this is an effective test to determine if it’ll be good because you will have to change mortal, mana leech and cu’s in order to make alchy archers not op (bc they simply heal to much and archers aren’t vulnerable rn).

I don’t say this to say “FIX ARCHERS NOW” but rather I think your focus on testing should be getting osi casting right not testing the popularity nor a test for how balanced it will be. Because mortal/cu/leech changes will have to occur before it’s balanced.
Also people will be apprehensive because of the archers rn without those changes are pretty op.
But I am testing the casting thoroughly, I’ve found some issues, but I’ll report that somewhere else in another time :)
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

just had a nice fight with a good balance of archers/mages and it worked out pretty damn well. Just need to keep running from BG to the teleporter and hope people will follow you.
DG and The Silvertiger like this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

We tried last night even 3v8 China wouldn’t follow us ...

But yah The casting feels like no one actually played on osi. In the least offensive way. Sorry. The bugs in it are pretty apparent anyone who has Ever dueled on osi would notice. Took josh and I 30secs to find several issues.

If someone makes a thread we can get it all posted. It’s close. Pest 2.0 was closers. But timers on spells and recovery/overcasting is off. The quick casting is off, and so is the spell loss. Bugs with multiple casts in a row etc.

Good effort, please get someone on staff that knows osi it would prevent a lot of this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Arden wrote:We tried last night even 3v8 China wouldn’t follow us ...

But yah The casting feels like no one actually played on osi. In the least offensive way. Sorry. The bugs in it are pretty apparent anyone who has Ever dueled on osi would notice. Took josh and I 30secs to find several issues.

If someone makes a thread we can get it all posted. It’s close. Pest 2.0 was closers. But timers on spells and recovery/overcasting is off. The quick casting is off, and so is the spell loss. Bugs with multiple casts in a row etc.

Good effort, please get someone on staff that knows osi it would prevent a lot of this.
You could get some osi-players to consult with atleast, I’m sure there are some who would be interested especially if you plan to make it serverwide.
The weirdest thing on the casting seemed to be a casting the same spell over and over: the subsequent spells would be slowed down. An example: clumsy spam is slower than clumsy then feeblemind then weaken cycling, which is very odd and I don’t think osi is like that. Obviously, it seems unintended.
DG

Post by DG »

Josh wrote:An example: clumsy spam is slower than clumsy then feeblemind then weaken cycling, which is very odd and I don’t think osi is like that. Obviously, it seems unintended.
I made a simple euo script to monitor the casting.It recorded the time whenever I read a spell and calculated the intervals between spells.I haven't noticed the problem which you found.But I may be wrong.I will test it more as soon as I log on.
Eos likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

DG wrote:
Josh wrote:An example: clumsy spam is slower than clumsy then feeblemind then weaken cycling, which is very odd and I don’t think osi is like that. Obviously, it seems unintended.
I made a simple euo script to monitor the casting.It recorded the time whenever I read a spell and calculated the intervals between spells.I haven't noticed the problem which you found.But I may be wrong.I will test it more as soon as I log on.
Could be human error.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Isn’t easyuo illegal here?
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Arden wrote:Isn’t easyuo illegal here?
as long as you can do the same thing in steam it is not illegal
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Ajani wrote:
Arden wrote:Isn’t easyuo illegal here?
as long as you can do the same thing in steam it is not illegal
So I'm guessing monitoring cast speed would be considered illegal, yes? A lot of these mass armor sellers are using an illegal euo script to output the data to excel to make it easier to post on forums.

I don't have all the particulars about the illegal programs pvpers are using to get the upper hand that are fully illegal, but that are being used.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."