Update April 1, 2019

UOG: Demise news will be posted here.
Josh

Re: Update April 1, 2019

Post by Josh »

patla wrote:HOW you gonna kill an archer on a mage with 150 HPI?? answer me with SLOW CASTING...

HOW you gonna heal from archers chasing you with moving shot and with DOUBLE SHOT by YUMIS on the game they will break you in 1 sec on the mage

Right now this server is Archer server whats the fun?? ehh??

how you gonna fight 2 vs 1 on a mage.. VS archer... with double shot whos the hero here i wanna see you

if you really want this slow casting it has to be only TOTS AND DOOM ARTIS on the game and NO other STUFF like champs arti BOWS With 40 ssi ...LIKE before LIKE 15 YEARS AGO

so we are in 2019 ... we are going back to 15 years ago? but the different is with 150 HPI LOL bows 40 SSi YUMIS double shot breaks you.. and poor the mage cant heal from an archer ..whats the fun huh?? tell me whats the fun right now its NOT GOOD..
Curse, explo, explo, Ebolt , fs, Ebolt, fb, ma, lightning should be enough to do the trick to kill an archer.
Is approximately 190-200 damage, the first explo should put their healpot on cooldown, the explo Ebolt will do a big burst, the FS will make the bandage slip, the next Ebolt will make the bandage slip again, they’ll try to run after that, fb/ma and chase with lightning, you can kill someone. Won’t work 100% of the time. That’s how you kill an archer 1v1.
To kill an archer 1v2 you have to be more creative, explo to get rid of their pot then hold explo while they’re chasing (try to stay with max hp, so it make take some time) go in a tight corner, drop explo on cursed archer, conflag self, flame strike, then try to Ebolt. If you stand at the edge of your conflag they can kill them selves. This is assuming you have alchemy.
On a necro mages, all you have to do is e/o para spam until they’re out of pouches then e/o para one and fight the other or e/o para both and efield one and kill the other. If you have alchy on your necro you can efield and explo pot spam assuming they don’t have a throwback script. Also when low on mana remember to use e/o manavamp on archers.

Also, any tactics mages can beat an archer if they have mortal, just have to put their apple on cooldown.

As per your comment “going back 15 years” it’s not like casting changed on osi, demise just got it wrong originally. Archers aren’t that difficult, they’re harder yes, but if you didn’t use scripts before casting change the main difference in fighting them Is not being able to teleport spam, the rest has always been the same.

All that being said I do think a mana leech fix would be good for archers (and would piss off sampires).
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

What im getting from all these posts now. the mages who has the crazy casting are now upset that they cant outdo a previously worse build. but now that its more balanced, the mages are upset and want it back? I dont pvp so I dont feel like I have much say in it, but I feel like its a decent change, if it makes the game more balanced for other templates thats better. Just waiting for more melee based builds to start being used for pvp, doubt it will happen like in the past, but who knows. We still dont even know if its permanently added to the server, so dont freak out so much and just enjoy the change for once. Makes you actually try harder.
Discord: Amish#1299
Cold Blood likes this.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

patla wrote:HOW you gonna kill an archer on a mage with 150 HPI?? answer me with SLOW CASTING...

HOW you gonna heal from archers chasing you with moving shot and with DOUBLE SHOT by YUMIS on the game they will break you in 1 sec on the mage

Right now this server is Archer server whats the fun?? ehh??

how you gonna fight 2 vs 1 on a mage.. VS archer... with double shot whos the hero here i wanna see you

if you really want this slow casting it has to be only TOTS AND DOOM ARTIS on the game and NO other STUFF like champs arti BOWS With 40 ssi ...LIKE before LIKE 15 YEARS AGO

so we are in 2019 ... we are going back to 15 years ago? but the different is with 150 HPI LOL bows 40 SSi YUMIS double shot breaks you.. and poor the mage cant heal from an archer ..whats the fun huh?? tell me whats the fun right now its NOT GOOD..
Same as before: BIg spells + whatever your template has (strangle, bleed, conflags, whatever)
Lucifall
Josh likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Amish Hammer wrote:What im getting from all these posts now. the mages who has the crazy casting are now upset that they cant outdo a previously worse build. but now that its more balanced, the mages are upset and want it back? I dont pvp so I dont feel like I have much say in it, but I feel like its a decent change, if it makes the game more balanced for other templates thats better. Just waiting for more melee based builds to start being used for pvp, doubt it will happen like in the past, but who knows. We still dont even know if its permanently added to the server, so dont freak out so much and just enjoy the change for once. Makes you actually try harder.
Im a mage, I don' t want old casting back. I think melee dexxers are able to come back, it's just a question of if people want to play them. But they're definitely available.
Amish Hammer likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Still waiting on that cure potion nerf so i can play my dp dexxer :(
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Josh wrote: Im a mage, I don' t want old casting back. I think melee dexxers are able to come back, it's just a question of if people want to play them. But they're definitely available.
From what im getting from the past, the old casting pretty much made it so you had to make a mage to even have much of a chance in pvp and you had to be in a guild. I know there are the weirdos like kapero who would run melee stuff which did pretty good, but it was so rare. I think now that its more balanced, its more welcoming to all templates, just makes it harder for mages to have the advances like they almost always have had. I know its still more based on ranged combat [mage/archer] but it would be nice if close range stuff came into play once again like in the old days. Also kinda ruins the fun for people and is kind of intimidating to get into pvp when you have like 3 big guilds that just run around in groups targeting one guy at a time. Hoping this makes it so its less group based. doubt it though
Discord: Amish#1299
Galinha

Post by Galinha »

Eos this garbage update will return the same as before ... because a Chinese or Russian will already modify the razor to play ... and those who do not know how to program will return to playing just like a punching bag
JlM likes this.
Cold Blood

Post by Cold Blood »

no matter how they code(if they can), chinese still have 500 ping and cast slower than u without runuo target bug. so just be easy its cool
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

I see the bad players starting to log on and realize the casting was changed ROFL
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Vander Nars wrote:I see the bad players starting to log on and realize the casting was changed ROFL
I see people who didn't voice their opinion prepatch. Guess it wasn't just Ajani.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:I see the bad players starting to log on and realize the casting was changed ROFL
I see people who didn't voice their opinion prepatch. Guess it wasn't just Ajani.
A lot of these people who are posting have like 9 total posts. But obviously we knew not everyone would love it. And the most recent "i hate this patch" post is about scripting anyhow not about osi casting @vander too
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Josh wrote:[...] A lot of these people who are posting have like 9 total posts. [...]
People who are multi-accounting on the forum should be exposed by staff. I have little respect for people who make new forum accounts to write offensive post.

Edit: Maybe this comment is a bit out of place - I just realized some of these totally unknown people have actually pretty old forum accounts.
Last edited by Alvin on April 7th, 2019, 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Alvin wrote:
Josh wrote:[...] A lot of these people who are posting have like 9 total posts. [...]
People who are multi-accounting on the forum should be exposed by staff. I have little respect for people who make new forum accounts to write offensive post.
They have a consistent posting pattern. Joined when forums were created 8ish posts within a month or so last year. Need to check who was banned during that time period.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Alvin likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Alvin wrote:

Edit: Maybe this comment is a bit out of place - I just realized some of these totally unknown people have actually pretty old forum accounts.
Nah this could be the case but this could also not be the case. Im just saying they're random people I've legit never seen, so I'm skeptical. However, I have created a 2nd forum acc before, my original was Atomic Chicken but i don't have the as a char name anymore so I switched to josh.
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Hasan is one of the old timers who do not read forum, or use UO-Steam (as far as I know) and use very few macros:

He played whole week after the change and was surprised today when I mentioned that the casting was changed.
I think for many hight-ping mages it just feels 'slightly more laggy' then the old standart.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Josh likes this.