Update April 5, 2019

UOG: Demise news will be posted here.
deathviper

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by deathviper »

Unless I am missing something which could be the case, sometime this week I started getting the message "The feature 'speech journal checks' is not allowed on this server."

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see it in any patch notes. To just take away something, like being able to search the journal is kinda lame and I would vote to bring it back.

It would also be nice to know why it was turned off? I haven't tried razor or easyuo.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom....
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

deathviper wrote:Unless I am missing something which could be the case, sometime this week I started getting the message "The feature 'speech journal checks' is not allowed on this server."

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see it in any patch notes. To just take away something, like being able to search the journal is kinda lame and I would vote to bring it back.

It would also be nice to know why it was turned off? I haven't tried razor or easyuo.

There weren't any patch note, but I will PM you the cliff notes.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

deathviper wrote:Unless I am missing something which could be the case, sometime this week I started getting the message "The feature 'speech journal checks' is not allowed on this server."

Many macros have to be rewritten after this change. But I consider it a small sacrifice as now people will not use "target sharing" in pvp.

Journal check can naturally still be done in EasyUO, modded steam etc... but if people start spamming IDs / Names during the fight (like Hz did before) they will be instantly reveled as cheaters.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

Most people on the shard don't pvp. I never really found sitting at brit gate much fun. They slowed casting down which is great but broke things for other players that could care less about pvp.

So, its catering to a few people that sit at brit gate. So, I guess that those of us that use the journal reader are forced to use EasyUO or modded steam.
mcalbe

Post by mcalbe »

deathviper wrote:Most people on the shard don't pvp. I never really found sitting at brit gate much fun. They slowed casting down which is great but broke things for other players that could care less about pvp.

So, its catering to a few people that sit at brit gate. So, I guess that those of us that use the journal reader are forced to use EasyUO or modded steam.
Same like you.. but i think that the change are allways for pvp not for pvm..

They change the cast but they not balance all the other stuff.. at léast give a little more dmg to aoe spells..
They change the cu's but not think that many players make money selling that.
They put this anti-afk great! But why now? They fuck Up all the "new" players that are making money to buy equipement so now obviusly the prices gonna raise Up a lot.
I think many of this changes are for good. But not the time and they dont think about the consequences of this.
No new people gonna enter demise anymore i think.. sad very sad
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

I know several that are packing there bags. None of them pvp. Reading the journal was a major blow to their working scripts.

Hopefully admins read through these and give back reading of the journals...
Josh

Post by Josh »

Jesus Christ, PLAY THE FUCKING GAME, it’s really not that difficult to press hot keys. You don’t need to script to play. Pvming is NOT THAT HARD.

As per cu’s, as you said pvpers are a small section of the population, pvmers will still buy colored cu’s, so it maybe hurt the market some but not even the bulk of the market was hurt.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Also, it’s not like things are woefully out of balance in pvp. Mages and archers are about even on effectiveness, they have different roles. Melee dexxers who were absolute shit weren’t able to be played effectively since steam came out, they’re useful now. This is the most balanced the server has ever been.

Does that mean other things don’t need to be balanced? No, obviously some things still need to be looked at and balancing is very hard and a long process.
DG

Post by DG »

deathviper wrote: Maybe I missed something but I didn't see it in any patch note.
The Injournal and Hits/Diffhits functions of UOS have been limited.Both are for PvP purpose.The former is to ban target share,while the latter is to remove auto crossheal.

They shouldn't affect pvm a lot.Pvm rarely needs to scan player speech or to check mobs' HP.

You still can scan system messages in your journal.Just add 'system' parameter to your original Injournal command.All the problems should be gone.
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

Josh wrote:Jesus Christ, PLAY THE FUCKING GAME, it’s really not that difficult to press hot keys. You don’t need to script to play. Pvming is NOT THAT HARD.
Listen you little fuckin' dumshit, I never said it was for PvM now did I, although I would guess some other people are having the same problem. Unless you have something constructive to say just leave my post alone.

DG wrote:
deathviper wrote: You still can scan system messages in your journal.Just add 'system' parameter to your original Injournal command.All the problems should be gone.
Thanks for the response DG, here are just two of the problems that I have ran into.

if @injournal 'pause'
pause 2500
endif

and

if @injournal 'reach'
break
endif

Adding system to either one of those does nothing.

On a side not instead of just wiping journal reads for all players, maybe they could be a bit more selective and take out journal reads for certain journal events that are specific to PvP.
kentares likes this.
DG

Post by DG »

You can't scan what your char says in journal now.

if you post more information of your macro,maybe I could help fix that.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

DG wrote:You can't scan what your char says in journal now.

if you post more information of your macro,maybe I could help fix that.
The pause instance he types pause ingame to pause his script. The other he should be able to change to system or add an @inrange.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
kentares likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

mcalbe wrote:
deathviper wrote:Most people on the shard don't pvp. I never really found sitting at brit gate much fun. They slowed casting down which is great but broke things for other players that could care less about pvp.

Same like you.. but i think that the change are allways for pvp not for pvm..

They change the cast but they not balance all the other stuff.. at léast give a little more dmg to aoe spells..
They change the cu's but not think that many players make money selling that.
They put this anti-afk great! But why now? They fuck Up all the "new" players that are making money to buy equipement so now obviusly the prices gonna raise Up a lot.
I think many of this changes are for good. But not the time and they dont think about the consequences of this.
No new people gonna enter demise anymore i think.. sad very sad
you're fucking retarded if you think eos didnt think of the consequences
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

yup theres just like 4-5 of us that pvp, unlucky for you
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

So here is one instance that many people use that I can't seem to get to work. It has nothing to do with pvp. I actually use it for my plants.

if @injournal 'reach'
stop
endif
pause 1500

Turn on loop and try and click on something out of reach. If someone gets that working for me that would be awesome!