Update April 5, 2019

UOGamers: Demise news will be posted here.
User avatar
Bad Religion
Posts: 2509

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by Bad Religion » April 7th, 2019, 9:41 pm

I earned all my items and money from playing the game, surely others can too.

but yah afk doom scripts, afk champ spawning, and 1 button pvp make for a much healthier server
Image

User avatar
Amish Hammer
Posts: 1495
Location: Philly

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by Amish Hammer » April 7th, 2019, 9:54 pm

Bad Religion wrote:I dont understand why you would play a game, only pvm, but want eeverything automated? Unless you are selling shit for rl money or something.

You dont hear Amish complaining and he only pvms.... Maybe because he actually plays the video game.
I am not complaining because I dont really have a say about what gets implemented in the game, thats all up to the staff, I just make recommendations that would maybe help make it more fun but not break the game completely.
I do complain quite a bit, but i keep that to myself mostly. the afk macroers really annoys me because I actually play the game and work to get my shit, which isnt much. So this update where they may get caught for their rule breaking makes me happy. Most likely wont fix the server and economy issue, people will still use vpn and other means to get around stuff, but atleast the staff are trying.

I can understand DV's situation perfectly, the few times ive run past his castle, ive literally crashed because its so many mining carts. And I dont think he is using it for a profit.

I just get annoyed about all the macroing, if you are going to play a game, you should actually be there to play it, even if its an annoying tedious thing like chopping wood. Hell I use macros all the time, it makes me have to use the minimal amount of effort, why still being attended. the osi casting doesnt effect me, i rarely farm in fel and i hate using a mage, but it does mess with my hell hound build, but i still dont farm there so itis not that big of a deal. Still the osi casting isnt for everyone, so I hope they take a poll that asks who likes it and doesnt.
Discord: Amish#1299
Image
Josh and deathviper like this.
Top

User avatar
Bad Religion
Posts: 2509

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by Bad Religion » April 7th, 2019, 9:58 pm

Curious why "get friend" was removed but not "get enemy"
Image

User avatar
Bad Religion
Posts: 2509

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by Bad Religion » April 7th, 2019, 10:00 pm

they didnt remove target relative so you can still script mine and wood chopping.... also easyuo exists (even though it would be against the rules if it's not possible in steam)
Image

The Silvertiger
Bug Tester
Posts: 4122

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by The Silvertiger » April 7th, 2019, 10:02 pm

Bad Religion wrote:Curious why "get friend" was removed but not "get enemy"
I'm curious what all was actually removed. Would love to see that patch notes.
The crybabies are legendary

Discord: The Silvertiger #7402

The Silvertiger
Bug Tester
Posts: 4122

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by The Silvertiger » April 7th, 2019, 10:21 pm

Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:I dont understand why you would play a game, only pvm, but want eeverything automated? Unless you are selling shit for rl money or something.

You dont hear Amish complaining and he only pvms.... Maybe because he actually plays the video game.
He also doesn't do bods, gather resources, or any of these tedious things neccessary for a healthy server. He ain't double clicking monsters either.
I dont think any of that makes a healthy shard, all these high end items that everyone is running around with came from using these afked resources to make an over abundance of high end items. If people had to actually play the game to gather these things than we would have alot less of these items in pvp.
So you're going to try to tell me that unless you double click for wood, ore, and wood it's unhealthy. Even frickin osi allowed uoassist to cut down on the tedious tasks. A healthy shard requires a decent amount of resources and runics. The only things unhealthy on demise from these areas are staffing of such things. HW, resource gatherers, and bod collection/turn-in requires afk checks. I have yet to be afk checked on my tailor turning in bods.

I think the captcha is a great idea if there's a human double checking it. I personally will not be answering a captcha correctly. I think it's atrocious that they would fire the people who were doing the best job of keeping the server healthy out of all the staff members and replace them with a script.
The crybabies are legendary

Discord: The Silvertiger #7402
LEAD likes this.
Top

User avatar
Vander Nars
Posts: 2108

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by Vander Nars » April 7th, 2019, 10:54 pm

The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: He also doesn't do bods, gather resources, or any of these tedious things neccessary for a healthy server. He ain't double clicking monsters either.
I dont think any of that makes a healthy shard, all these high end items that everyone is running around with came from using these afked resources to make an over abundance of high end items. If people had to actually play the game to gather these things than we would have alot less of these items in pvp.
So you're going to try to tell me that unless you double click for wood, ore, and wood it's unhealthy. Even frickin osi allowed uoassist to cut down on the tedious tasks. A healthy shard requires a decent amount of resources and runics. The only things unhealthy on demise from these areas are staffing of such things. HW, resource gatherers, and bod collection/turn-in requires afk checks. I have yet to be afk checked on my tailor turning in bods.

I think the captcha is a great idea if there's a human double checking it. I personally will not be answering a captcha correctly. I think it's atrocious that they would fire the people who were doing the best job of keeping the server healthy out of all the staff members and replace them with a script.
i said AFK RESOURCES, using a hotkey to hit the nearest tree or chop the last tree targeted is fine and uoassist didnt allow any macros to be loop unless you was able to do it by jamming a key stuck on the keyboard.
Image
Josh likes this.
Top

Josh
Posts: 1295

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by Josh » April 7th, 2019, 11:06 pm

The Silvertiger wrote: I don't know about you, but I ain't trying to double click 6000 times. Every time I've run across him ingame he was attended.

It's the same as if I'm farming monsters. I ain't trying to double click 6000 (170,000+ [loler?]) monsters, but I guess you're ok with ingame macros( :roll: .)

The fact that he has a pause for his macro should tell you that it's attended as well.
Useobject isn’t disabled in steam, injournal is.
Auto open corpses is in steam too
Pauses in macros don’t mean you’re attended.

Nothing of what you said mattered. He can use 99% of his macro he just has to walk.

Edit: nvm i read all what you wrote, none of it mattered. Afk scripting is shit, play the game.
Macros still work, maybe they dont walk for you and maybe you can't afk it, big deal. Resources gathering/bods/hw can be done via easy uo easily, can be done via steam aswell (just more tedious to write the script than before and it might not be universal).

The Silvertiger
Bug Tester
Posts: 4122

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by The Silvertiger » April 7th, 2019, 11:46 pm

Josh wrote: Useobject isn’t disabled in steam, injournal is.
Auto open corpses is in steam too
Pauses in macros don’t mean you’re attended.

Nothing of what you said mattered. He can use 99% of his macro he just has to walk.

Edit: nvm i read all what you wrote, none of it mattered. Afk scripting is shit, play the game.
Macros still work, maybe they dont walk for you and maybe you can't afk it, big deal.
Eh.. he needs to fix his script and should be able to. I can understand the reasoning behind pausing a script vs stopping mid script to have to re setup everything. However, I told him this was a rare instance for the injournal check. I'm not advocating afking [today, since I'm not logged in to kill miners] nor is deathviper advocating afking. As I've stated every time I've run across deathviper ingame he was attended which is better than half the server. You guys always machine gun everyone before checking to see who the decent people are. These are the people you should be defending. The one's who do their best to play by the rules.

Vander Nars wrote: i said AFK RESOURCES, using a hotkey to hit the nearest tree or chop the last tree targeted is fine and uoassist didnt allow any macros to be loop unless you was able to do it by jamming a key stuck on the keyboard.
So why are you commenting on dv? He's not afking resources. Please see machine gun comment above.
The crybabies are legendary

Discord: The Silvertiger #7402

Josh
Posts: 1295

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by Josh » April 8th, 2019, 12:02 am

The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote: Useobject isn’t disabled in steam, injournal is.
Auto open corpses is in steam too
Pauses in macros don’t mean you’re attended.

Nothing of what you said mattered. He can use 99% of his macro he just has to walk.

Edit: nvm i read all what you wrote, none of it mattered. Afk scripting is shit, play the game.
Macros still work, maybe they dont walk for you and maybe you can't afk it, big deal.
Eh.. he needs to fix his script and should be able to. I can understand the reasoning behind pausing a script vs stopping mid script to have to re setup everything. However, I told him this was a rare instance for the injournal check. I'm not advocating afking [today, since I'm not logged in to kill miners] nor is deathviper advocating afking. As I've stated every time I've run across deathviper ingame he was attended which is better than half the server. You guys always machine gun everyone before checking to see who the decent people are. These are the people you should be defending. The one's who do their best to play by the rules.
Tbf. the dude i was telling to just play the fucking game was more the other dude above him (i didnt quote either of them so i understand the confusion) then i explained why the cu market should be fine (rare items are rare for a reason and always sought after). He responded with Im dumb so i put him on blast, because nothing I said was false, he's bitching about something that can be worked around. Also, i explained the work around for his script.
edit: The play the fucking game did apply to him as well. He also talked about people quitting bc injournal check and if people are quitting bc of it then fuck them, they're not playing the game, they should just play the game, as I said pvm isnt hard, plants aren't hard, the tedious shit has work arounds. Play the game.

User avatar
Vander Nars
Posts: 2108

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by Vander Nars » April 8th, 2019, 2:10 am

The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: i said AFK RESOURCES, using a hotkey to hit the nearest tree or chop the last tree targeted is fine and uoassist didnt allow any macros to be loop unless you was able to do it by jamming a key stuck on the keyboard.
So why are you commenting on dv? He's not afking resources. Please see machine gun comment above.
Why are you not reading wtf i wrote and replying? I said nothing about dv, I made a comment about what you think makes a healthy shard.
Image

User avatar
deathviper
Posts: 105

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by deathviper » April 8th, 2019, 2:15 am

Josh wrote: He responded with Im dumb so i put him on blast, because nothing I said was false, he's bitching about something that can be worked around. Also, i explained the work around for his script.
edit: The play the fucking game did apply to him as well. He also talked about people quitting bc injournal check and if people are quitting bc of it then fuck them, they're not playing the game, they should just play the game, as I said pvm isnt hard, plants aren't hard, the tedious shit has work arounds. Play the game.
Man, you didn't put anybody on blast b/c you haven't said anything. As for your trick of putting 'server' after injournal, that doesn't work either for what I referenced.

All they have to do is flip a couple switches to turn targeting off in pvp if that was what they were trying to accomplish.

EnemyTargetShare = 1 << 22, // Enemy target share on guild, party or alliance chat
SpellTargetShare = 1 << 24, // Spell target share on guild, party or alliance chat

All I am asking for them to do is turn journal reading back on, so I don't have to dump the journal then read it back in.

Josh
Posts: 1295

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by Josh » April 8th, 2019, 3:27 am

deathviper wrote:
Josh wrote: He responded with Im dumb so i put him on blast, because nothing I said was false, he's bitching about something that can be worked around. Also, i explained the work around for his script.
edit: The play the fucking game did apply to him as well. He also talked about people quitting bc injournal check and if people are quitting bc of it then fuck them, they're not playing the game, they should just play the game, as I said pvm isnt hard, plants aren't hard, the tedious shit has work arounds. Play the game.
As for your trick of putting 'server' after injournal, that doesn't work either for what I referenced.
I didn’t tell you to do that

They have disabled target share on steam, they disabled the work around with disabling injournal.

The Silvertiger
Bug Tester
Posts: 4122

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by The Silvertiger » April 8th, 2019, 10:05 am

Vander Nars wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: sounds like you gotta play the game instead of turning on scripts, sorry life is so hard for you now.
Why are you not reading wtf i wrote and replying? I said nothing about dv, I made a comment about what you think makes a healthy shard.
What do you know looks like I can read. :beathorse:
The crybabies are legendary

Discord: The Silvertiger #7402

User avatar
Vander Nars
Posts: 2108

Re: Update April 5, 2019

Post by Vander Nars » April 8th, 2019, 3:33 pm

The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: sounds like you gotta play the game instead of turning on scripts, sorry life is so hard for you now.
Why are you not reading wtf i wrote and replying? I said nothing about dv, I made a comment about what you think makes a healthy shard.
What do you know looks like I can read. :beathorse:
Yet again you clearly didnt read what I wrote. I never said you cant read, i said ur not reading what I write and just replying back what you think I said.
Image

Post Reply