Update April 1, 2019

UOG: Demise news will be posted here.
The Silvertiger

Re: Update April 1, 2019

Post by The Silvertiger »

Josh wrote:I don’t know why pvmers care so much about casting honestly, like do y’all just want pvm to be super easy? Do people not like being challenged in video games? I think pvm is pretty easy regardless of the casting personally.

Tbf though I don’t care about trammel being osi, literally wont affect me.

Trammel I think the question could be “what do they want?” And I think for fel the question should be “what is good for balancing pvp?” (Not to say what people want shouldn’t matter just that balance should be #1 priority).

Honestly idk if it’s a 50/50 divide, Bc before casting change not many were playing, no one on kvg was playing for sure, hz I don’t think was playing except like maybe will/pumpkin, I think a few Loop did maybe, the Chinese I’ve heard mostly like it Bc it helps bridge the gap bc of ping, I imagine msby doesn’t like it.
From my observation of pvmers, they usually don't like a challenge if they are playing a mage or tamer mage with a focus of spell damage. If they want a challenge they usually play a warrior of some sort. Then most of the time it's just with strong mobs such as peerless, key wardens, or ml named mobs. Other than that people just prefer pressing play. The pvm side of the game is very casual for the most part. Most people don't grind in the typical sense. Those that are attended usually are pressing hotkeys. Those that aren't...

I'm not sure exactly were the divide is for accurate casting. There are a lot of people quitting tho. Most them are nobodies sure, but Demise isn't just a place for people who post on forums. How much that has to do with casting and how much of that is just gen quitting due to boredom and spring idk. I do know some people that are quitting because of the toxic environment. I realize that I may be part of that and I apologize for my role in the toxicity. I will try to limit my replies to helpful stuff and start reporting off topic posts and threads. Believe it or not I actually report myself sometimes.

From the pvp side of things there seems to be a lot more activity, but I have already seen one instance of if they change blah I'm going to quit, so if I were staff I would probably just OSI accurate everything to the best of my knowledge. Then say well this is OSI accurate and be done with it. I'm kinda crazy tho, b/c I'd reimplement era accurate explo pots. I'd revert wind change. I'd put all the broken stuff in and call it accurate, have fun, have a nice day, and go eat a sammich. That's probably why I'm not staff tho. ;)

Most people that play UO do so for nostalgia. Most people that play Demise want to chill not grind their faces off.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Amish Hammer likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

OSI casting everywhere
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
LEAD

Post by LEAD »

I guess i dont get the whole "OSI accurate" thing ..this is demise(its free) OSI is not... if you want OSI accurate..go play a OSI server......(key the shitty comments now)
patla likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

LEAD wrote:I guess i dont get the whole "OSI accurate" thing ..this is demise(its free) OSI is not... if you want OSI accurate..go play a OSI server......(key the shitty comments now)
This is bad logic. Free servers were designed to emulate the game. Demise has always touted that they were trying to be osi accurate that’s one part of the reason people use it as a justification.
The other reason people want accuracy for osi is because it is more balanced (during ML) than most free servers are. Most people grew to love osi casting when they played it Bc it requires skill, generic runuo and demise casting are both too fast and incentivize spamming over disrupting and timing, so a lot of players don’t like it.
Also, the question is balance in my opinion, I don’t like everything ever to grace osi (ex: tracking explo pots) some things were unbalanced and I think staff needs to evaluate what is balanced and isn’t balanced when determining changes (I presume that’s why they don’t want dart boxes).
Also the “if you want osi go pay for it!” Logic is not what the developers here want, they want people to play the server, so telling people “if you don’t like it then leave” is not conducive to a good/populated server, trying to create a server that is balanced in pvp and not too easy/hard in pvm or that tries to limit afk resource gathering is something they should strive for because that is what produces a healthy server not “if you don’t like it get out mentality.”
Also, osi is not ML, people want to play osi accurate servers from the past not current osi (15 mod items are terrible).
Josh

Post by Josh »

@silver (not quoting Bc too much)
People have been quitting before they implemented anything. But I think more people have quit bc of the script changes than the osi casting. There was very little pvp before the casting change and there is much more activity right now. I really hope they keep working to perfect the casting.
As for osi accurate everything, I’m down for most of it, I don’t think explo pots would be good simply Bc people can script them fairly easily. Also it was noted as a bug so it’ll never be implemented.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

I’m a Demise player.

I know I can change.

If I have to.

I guess.

OSI casting everywhere.

Thank you
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Vander Nars likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Quit being annoying
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: Believe it or not I actually report myself sometimes.
Brilliant

I’m a Demise player.

I know I can change.

If I have to.

I guess.

OSI casting everywhere
Thank you
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

DG wrote:
Online population is down mainly because of capcha system

I disagree
This morning I went through 10 reward shovels so something like 1800 successful digging attempts and nothing

This guy was saved twice because the server crashed last night
Syn_4-11_19.41.jpg
Syn_4-11_19.41.jpg (184.44 KiB) Viewed 3898 times

Today he is back at it without a care in the world
Recall in
Dig
Recall to the next spot
Keep digging while getting hit by elementals
Syn_4-12_17.52.jpg
Syn_4-12_17.52.jpg (182.71 KiB) Viewed 3898 times

I told him what the capcha number was so he could get a rez but he ignored me

Syn_4-12_17.53-1.jpg
Syn_4-12_17.53-1.jpg (185.19 KiB) Viewed 3898 times
Syn_4-12_17.54.jpg
Syn_4-12_17.54.jpg (181.28 KiB) Viewed 3898 times
Last edited by Bama on April 12th, 2019, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
deathviper likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

actually the captcha system isnt that often, I think it's the "injournal" check preventing people from afk doing shit
which is good, "population" shouldn't be revolved around afk bots.
S7orm

Post by S7orm »

Injournal is not required to gather afk, every needed check is done via sysmessage
Josh

Post by Josh »

S7orm wrote:Injournal is not required to gather afk, every needed check is done via sysmessage
Yea i know, i dont think a lot of the people who afk resource gather/pvm know that though. Most people use scripts and have idea how to write them.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Captcha system is fine, people are just upset that it puts them at risk for getting caught breaking the rules, and they will have to actually play to get their stuff.
Discord: Amish#1299
coveiro likes this.
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

I love how an msby member (me) says I'm all for the change and Josh has to make sure to say he doesnt think msby likes it -.- someone always throwing shade at us for no reason lol
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

TheUnknown0617 wrote:I love how an msby member (me)-.- someone always throwing shade at us for no reason lol
I only throw shade at you friend, because your houses are better than mine. :D
Discord: Amish#1299