Update April 1, 2019

UOG: Demise news will be posted here.
The Silvertiger

Re: Update April 1, 2019

Post by The Silvertiger »

Wait... you guys stated that pvp would increase with EOS' current iteration of casting. Guess you should have been more vocal in the testing phase. Now Eos is on sabbatical and you're left fighting chn in gz... such is life.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Legacy likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

PvP increased for like a month with the casting change but seemed to decrease with the steam changes. I haven't been able to play as my gf broke both elbows and her left wrist at work so most of my time at home is dedicated to her right now.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Duque likes this.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

Let me rephrase, pvp has increased, especially the first few weeks of the change, the types of pvp have decreased (dungeon and fighting outside of guard zones and houses)

Until we get the casting completely fixed the influx of players wanting to play here will probably not come.
Discord: Maloskies#2094
Josh

Post by Josh »

Eos wrote:The following change has been made, effective immediately at the time of posting:
  • OSI casting has been enabled in all of Felucca.
-funniest april fools joke ever...

2/5 recovery is better than 2/6 recovery. FIX THE FUCKING CASTING NOT JUST 2/6 HOLY SHIT. Thanks for half-ass doing everything on this server.

p.s. didn't know 5 fcr being faster than 6 fcr was osi accurate
Loler

Post by Loler »

The way it is is osi accurate. The difference is the overcast penalty on disrupt. When you get disrupted if you instantly try to recast after being disrupted you get over cast penalty. Go test it on osi
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Josh

Post by Josh »

I responded on the bug thread
patla

Post by patla »

You know what ? were are the 600 PPL ONLINE? like 15 years ago ....all i see is 364 o.O and BG is always empty from day to noon
patla

Post by patla »

In old casting ppl were playing a little not much but there were playing some..they made this casting alot of ppl are leaving or not logging because of the casting they logged few times to see the casting and thats it everyone GONE .BG EVERYDAY EMPTY ..Champss empty ..were are all the ppl then....PLS MAKE OLD CASTING BACK ...LOOK. 364 PPL ONLINE WTF....
Duque likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yea this is not true, people spawn, I know of people spawning in fel all day.
Look, I checked spawns at both times, there just as many spawning now as there were before the change.
I’ve already said it, if you want people from osi to come you have to actually make the casting accurate, not make some garbage where 2/5 is better than 2/6
Josh

Post by Josh »

patla wrote:You know what ? were are the 600 PPL ONLINE? like 15 years ago ....all i see is 364 o.O and BG is always empty from day to noon
15 years ago there were way more people who played in uo in general, so the decrease in people is just something that happens in a game that’s been out for 20 years...

Brit gate as almost always had cycles of pvp, 2am-10am central chn will normally be there, or fighting req at a spawn (req does spawns around 7-9 am central), then sometimes some loop or req or chn will be at the gate for a little while longer, if no one is there people won’t show back up until maybe 2-4pm central, then 5pm-10pm central Loop (if they play that day) will be there and so will some Chn, and if we get on pvp lasts until midnight central, then pvp stops until chn gets back on.

That’s simply how has been for the last year, and without any other major guilds it’ll continue to be this way simply Bc of timezone differences.

I garuntee if you change casting back to demise casting, you’ll see 0 kvg, I doubt hz will be back in force without major reworks to their members (I’ve heard about a lot of issues between members), so you’d at best lose one guild to pvp.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Sadly the game is 20ish years old so not many people play still, most come back to play for nostalgia reasons. Also our server isnt super welcoming to new players, our economy is sooooooooo terrible that its just not even worth trying to start new. the way the economy currently is, it practically forces players to break to rules to be able to get the right equipment to play properly. They shouldve made the casting server wide and just yanked the bandage off so everyone would be forced to get used to it. And the server pop probably wont go any higher unless something special happens, like a new patch, but since demise is a ML era, there is very little they can update unless they feel like pushing the boundaries alittle.

The casting was a nice fix for the most part, i see less people [pvpers] bitching about it now, they did it for a while and eventually got what they wanted. They just need to do something that will fix this economy and give players more to do, instead of breaking the rules to get money, or pvping.
Discord: Amish#1299
Josh

Post by Josh »

no one does spawns though.
Attachments
no one does spawns.png
no one does spawns.png (295.06 KiB) Viewed 3883 times
The Silvertiger

Sorry, did you want me to hand those to you? Just been emptying my ps book.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
patla likes this.
The Silvertiger

Just curious while we're on the subject, when you say people spawn all day are you talking about one person: maya? Pretty sure she likes spawning with a samp and therefore the casting doesn't effect her except maybe making the spawns 1 teenth of a million times easier.
Selling List & Vendor

Duque and patla like this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Pretty sure the casting change only affects players not mobs. Also the economy cant be fixed the best option wasn't to police it harder but to make it legal to afk farm. Make it better to farm in fel out of guards so players can police afkers not gms jailing people. The top afkers have had work arounds for years for afk checks anyways and im sure there are already people who have captcha breakers so they can afk 100% again. You only make it that much harder on the new players with the captcha. He'll some legit players have gotten nailed by the captcha because hard to read capctha or popping up in a wierd part of the screen or dcing when a capctha pops.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
ortiz and The Silvertiger like this.