Verification Needed Flamestrike damage

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Josh

Flamestrike damage

Post by Josh »

Flamestrike damage seems to be too low on Demise compared to osi, I did tests with 103 int, 120 eval, 100 scribe (as seen on camera), and Demise including with a ton of off-camera tests could not reach the max of osi. Here are the ranges I found:
Demise: with 0 fire resist, 100 scribe, 0 sdi, 120 eval, 103 int demise = 81-87
Osi: with 0 fire resist 100 scribe (uoguide says only currently adds 10sdi http://www.uoguide.com/Inscription), 0 sdi, 120 eval, 103 int osi = 85-92

Same tests with same control variables but less sample size w/o scribe was:
Demise = 75-79
Osi = 80-84

Reasons why Change would be good: It would give slightly more damage vs Archers, making them marginally easier to kill, 1 or 2 damage can be a difference-maker in pvp, especially when sync dumping.

*note 1: a lot of testing was done off camera and non of the tests got beyond the range of the video.

*note 2: These may not be 100% accurate minimum damage vs maximum damage either for 120 eval/100 scribe or 120 eval, they could be a little more or a little less, albeit the testing indicates Demise has a lower floor and ceiling for FS damage.

*note 3: if there is anything I missed during testing that would explain this damage difference feel free to let me know
koziar and Vander Nars like this.
Grifo

Re: [new] Flamestrike damage

Post by Grifo »

Hey you, have one new mechanic in osi when you are "pure" mage or any magic skill (pure necro, mystic etc) you are focused mage, so you receive any bonus like spell damage bonus, sdi cap bonus, focus and others. So i think you difference damage is because u are testing with focused mage skills.

Other point, but i need confirm it, when osi implement fire resist bonus pie maybe can up fire damage for balance. Usually ppl use 80 fire resist in real pvp (75 fire with dci 40 + fire resist pie).

Can you test-simulation with necromage template and other magics? Energy bolt, lightning for example?
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Grifo wrote:Hey you, have one new mechanic in osi when you are "pure" mage or any magic skill (pure necro, mystic etc) you are focused mage, so you receive any bonus like spell damage bonus, sdi cap bonus, focus and others. So i think you difference damage is because u are testing with focused mage skills.

Other point, but i need confirm it, when osi implement fire resist bonus pie maybe can up fire damage for balance. Usually ppl use 80 fire resist in real pvp (75 fire with dci 40 + fire resist pie).

Can you test-simulation with necromage template and other magics? Energy bolt, lightning for example?
you dont receive a bonus, ur sdi cap is higher but this test was done with zero sdi.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Grifo wrote:Hey you, have one new mechanic in osi when you are "pure" mage or any magic skill (pure necro, mystic etc) you are focused mage, so you receive any bonus like spell damage bonus, sdi cap bonus, focus and others. So i think you difference damage is because u are testing with focused mage skills.

According to uoguide description, focused mage only increases sdi cap not gives sdi bonus, I had 0 sdi.
Not sure what you mean by the 2nd thing Bc I verified the resists of animals as 0 vs 0 on my guy.
I can test later on, I probably won’t record them Bc it’s a pain in the ass but I’ll report my findings.
Loler

Post by Loler »

In runuo if a pets resist is Below a certain number it shows as --- doesn't actually mean it's true zero. A better test would be a naked character as your test dummy on both servers. To show the damage range easier make sure to go 0 magic resist on both.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Loler wrote:In runuo if a pets resist is Below a certain number it shows as --- doesn't actually mean it's true zero. A better test would be a naked character as your test dummy on both servers. To show the damage range easier make sure to go 0 magic resist on both.
Hmm, well I did the same test on another video (didn't include it) with 21 resist and 34 resist (arbitrary numbers found from corpser and a ogre I think) and the results were similar but yes for 100% accurate test it should be 0 resist vs 0 resist.

However, I'm pretty certain FS is supposed to do more or equal to Mswarm/Clightning