A thread not about casting

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: A thread not about casting

Post by The Silvertiger »

Good to see you anyway.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:Good to see you anyway.
I came back for the "Airing Of The Grievances"

I have a few more and I will be gone again

GO WARRIORS
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger and DG like this.
marm

Post by marm »

GO AUBURN!
The Silvertiger

marm wrote:GO DAWGS!
Yes!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:GO DAWGS!
You and those mutts..........

The moon Chris the moon!!!!
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

Loler wrote:Dg nailed it. But there's more wrong with the casting then just that. Delayed spell damage is still off. Overcasting penalty is still to aggressive. (Time to cast after finishing a spell is to long)
The delayed spell damage is indeed a little off. We are planning some timing changes that should go in effect next server wars to fix this.

Some technical details about this:

We designed the delayed damage to run in the same 250ms timer priority as spell casting. When we said this causes a 0-250ms random additional delay, this wasn't entirely accurate. Of course, if you target your spell immediately, you will effectively have just missed a 250ms server timer tick (the one that completed your spell cast), and your damage will take exactly 1.25 seconds to go off. If you wait a random period of time after your spell is cast, your damage will go off randomly 1-1.25 seconds after targeting. This is how it is on OSI, and how in theory it should work on Demise right now.

However, when performing some tests on Demise for this response to verify everything is working as intended, we noticed the delayed damage after targeting immediately after spell cast is much more random than it should be. On average, the timing is only slightly slower, but we are seeing a large 250ms spread on the values when they should be very consistent.

The fix will be a new way of processing the 250ms timer priority on the server with more accuracy, which in our initial tests has shown results perfectly in line with OSI.

(As for overcasting, it seems our delay is correct, though we will perform further tests on this as well.)
Anthony File wrote:Seems like we’re going to lose OSI casting to a 14 year old with a mass amount of spam accounts?..
We have noticed the participation of new accounts in the poll and will account for this when the poll is closed. :)
royal kapero2 wrote:And chiv spells needs a serious fix, chiv spells weren't taken into account when they half fixed the casting. I killed some "Alone man", he was just holding a chiv heal and saying huahua, then I threw fukiya and that broke his pvp plan, so he died. Later I killed him 3 other times and he started trash talking because his exploit didn't work.
Chivalry still has a 250ms delay between spells when you have 6 FCR equipped, so Chivalry cannot go into overcasting. (Much like Magery with 5 FCR equipped.) This is the case on OSI as well. Holding down a Chivalry spell button I cannot seem to trigger overcasting with 6 FCR there. It would require 7 FCR.
royal kapero2 wrote:PS: Can you confirm or deny If archers need to stop moving for a longer time to shot?
Archers do need to stop moving to shoot normally. Our 500ms delay seems accurate, though brief testing on OSI shows the value to be more random and sometimes higher (perhaps similar to spell casting). We will need to look into this!

And just to make sure, we tested Moving Shot, and it definitely does not require you to stop moving on OSI (as one would expect). :)
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Amazing that you were able to find those in all this spam. You deserve respect for reading everything!
Frasier, Eos, DG and 3 others like this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Thanks for the update eos
Loler

Post by Loler »

Just used this macro starting the pause line at 25 then raising by 25 every 10 attempts till i got to 250

I got interrupted casting gheal every time. The way you said you wrote the delay it should have worked at one of the intervals but never worked at any.

cast 'magic arrow'
waitfortarget 1500
pause 250
target! self
cast 'greater heal'

The same exact macro on OSI will work 100x out of 100.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Eos likes this.
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

Loler wrote:Just used this macro starting the pause line at 25 then raising by 25 every 10 attempts till i got to 250

I got interrupted casting gheal every time. The way you said you wrote the delay it should have worked at one of the intervals but never worked at any.

cast 'magic arrow'
waitfortarget 1500
pause 250
target! self
cast 'greater heal'

That is an interesting find. Regardless of the delay in your macro, you are targeting yourself with a magic arrow and casting a spell right after with the same delay on both the damage and spell cast. Since you target the damage first, it will tick first on Demise, and disrupt yourself right before your spell completes casting. This behavior makes sense.

You are right, however, that on OSI the spell will cast fine. Perhaps spell disruption checks if the spell is done casting, even if it hasn't ticked yet. This will not be fixed by the update planned for tonight as designed currently, but we will look into it.
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
The Silvertiger

Eos wrote:
Loler wrote:Just used this macro starting the pause line at 25 then raising by 25 every 10 attempts till i got to 250

cast 'magic arrow'
waitfortarget 1500
pause 250
target! self
cast 'greater heal'

That is an interesting find. Regardless of the delay in your macro, you are targeting yourself with a magic arrow and casting a spell right after with the same delay on both the damage and spell cast. Since you target the damage first, it will tick first on Demise, and disrupt yourself right before your spell completes casting. This behavior makes sense.

You are right, however, that on OSI the spell will cast fine. Perhaps spell disruption checks if the spell is done casting, even if it hasn't ticked yet. This will not be fixed by the update planned for tonight as designed currently, but we will look into it.
Any chance you can look more into monster and pet AI?
Selling List & Vendor

Loler

Post by Loler »

Yeah I posted similar information in the bug section with video proof of both but it makes sense to answer it in a general discussion thread months later.

https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 14&t=29049
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

It's been almost a year. :smile:

The Silvertiger

Loler wrote:Yeah I posted similar information in the bug section with video proof of both but it makes sense to answer it in a general discussion thread months later.

So much for not caring anymore, eh?

Much butthurt I sense in you, young master!
Selling List & Vendor

Josh

Post by Josh »

Loler wrote:Yeah I posted similar information in the bug section with video proof of both but it makes sense to answer it in a general discussion thread months later.

I think you posted it when eos was on her vacation. The other staff can’t be bothered to interact with the community sooo :(