Now that the cast is somewhat done, can we please talk about archers damage?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Llama Vortex

Now that the cast is somewhat done, can we please talk about archers damage?

Post by The Llama Vortex »

People are hitting for 90% of your life with yumi, this doens't seem right.
Any inputs from OSI people?
Tagima likes this.
The Silvertiger

Re: Now that the cast is somewhat done, can we please talk about archers damage?

Post by The Silvertiger »

50% hml for archers helps, but I think yumi's hitting hard is OSI accurate. The counter to them is Dismount since you can't double shot on foot. Goes back to riding cu's. If Dismount and kill mount, there's no double shots.

TS;PR Archer damage is probably correct, but the counters are bugged.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh likes this.
Arden

Re: Now that the cast is somewhat done, can we please talk about archers damage?

Post by Arden »

Dmg is wrong.

Specials that are Stacked (mortal over a mortal) should be less

No archery wep should have more than 25% leech (I have to check era for this)

Swing timer after stopped movement is non existent ( should have a recovery like casting)

I could keep going but I’ve made this post already and no one cares.
zulu2401 and Josh like this.
The Silvertiger

Arden wrote: September 6th, 2019, 4:09 am Dmg is wrong.

Specials that are Stacked (mortal over a mortal) should be less

No archery wep should have more than 25% leech (I have to check era for this)

Swing timer after stopped movement is non existent ( should have a recovery like casting)

I could keep going but I’ve made this post already and no one cares.
Dmg is wrong for Yumi?

25% (half of weapon property) is era accurate. Well, it's completely different than Demise in several ways. They changed the hml formula in this era. They added ranged attacks are half leech. Leech is also random 1-max.

I don't see why the swing speed after stop is a big deal. They still have to go the full timer from when their last swing, yes? I can recover from a spell on the run. Why not a swing?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by the stacked specials. Less dmg or less effect? I can agree on the less effect for sure. I think I read somewhere about less dmg too, but I'm not sure what era.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

I just mean dmg in general

The swing delay after stop has been in osi from ren. And never removed. Demise dosnt have it. Your swing timer starts after your last swing but there is a 0.5 sec delay after stop added. I want to say that 0.5 is possibly random 0-0.5. If we are going for accurate it should be added

When you mortal a mortaled target your base dmg is reduced by 50% which in basixzlly half’s the dmg done. So stacking mortals isn’t smart on osi.

Also when you use a special in general. It doesn’t hit doe the full dmg of the swing.

A swing for example could hit for 18
A swing with mortal is like 13
A swing with mortal on a mortaled target is 9

On Demise everything is akways 18

Don’t get me started on Demise mana leech... so false it isn’t even funny.

The biggest issue is you can’t fix bows now. Could you imagine if they halfed all mana leech on all bows like it’s supposed to be
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

the server is stuck in time, gms have no clue what balance in pvp is because they dont pvp. they promote script pvp for archers at every turn and do nothing to make up for not having a single major pvp change in 6 years. (casting isnt a change it's a correction)
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

50% HML should only leech 25% max on ranged weapons that is the first fix

The second fix is the leech being tied to swing speed. The faster you swing the lower the amount of mana you can possibly leech.

IF THERE IS MANA TO LEECH which is a third fix

The problem on Demise is that many of the players were raised on these crutches and taking them away will result in a much lower player base
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Bama wrote: September 6th, 2019, 10:11 am The second fix is the leech being tied to swing speed. The faster you swing the lower the amount of mana you can possibly leech.
Is this in era specific tho? I know this is how they wound up with 70 and 80 leech on double axes.

Isn't Hit Mana Drain the one that requires the target to have Mana?
Selling List & Vendor

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: September 6th, 2019, 11:40 am
Bama wrote: September 6th, 2019, 10:11 am The second fix is the leech being tied to swing speed. The faster you swing the lower the amount of mana you can possibly leech.
Is this in era specific tho? I know this is how they wound up with 70 and 80 leech on double axes.

Isn't Hit Mana Drain the one that requires the target to have Mana?
It is all before the Demise cut off. The one you quoted was reported in 2008 by Daed and reported again in 2013 again by Daed

I’ve never heard of hit mana drain
That being said there were/are many things that shouldn’t have mana pool on Demise but do.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bama wrote: September 6th, 2019, 10:11 am 50% HML should only leech 25% max on ranged weapons that is the first fix

The second fix is the leech being tied to swing speed. The faster you swing the lower the amount of mana you can possibly leech.

IF THERE IS MANA TO LEECH which is a third fix

I didn't add the forth fix because this is about melee but.......

.......the mana pool you leech mana from should deplete as you leech
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Bama wrote: September 6th, 2019, 12:59 pmI’ve never heard of hit mana drain
That being said there were/are many things that shouldn’t have mana pool on Demise but do.
https://stratics.com/threads/mana-leech ... in.393015/
Selling List & Vendor

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: September 6th, 2019, 2:21 pm
Bama wrote: September 6th, 2019, 12:59 pmI’ve never heard of hit mana drain
https://stratics.com/threads/mana-leech ... in.393015/
I know what mana leech is
I know what hit mana leech is
I know what mana drain is
Hit mana drain sounds like a mod on a weapon that I never heard before.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

I think it's post ML property, but here's an explanation of wraith form, hml and hmd from that thread:

Selling List & Vendor

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Yea I’m not passing a drug test today
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Bama wrote: September 6th, 2019, 4:37 pm Yea I’m not passing a drug test today
Sarcasm needs a font?
Selling List & Vendor

Bama likes this.