*Shard Event Suggestion* Transmogrification Gold & Item Sink

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Anthony File

*Shard Event Suggestion* Transmogrification Gold & Item Sink

Post by Anthony File »

The ability to 'transmog' items to alter their graphic types has been pitched as an idea on Demise in the past with much support from the entire player-base.

With all of the recent shard events our staff team have been throwing in rotation lately, I believe its time we convince them to consider adding transmogs again and I have an easy to implement idea that I think will help the server. Darkside gold sinks are great and I think we should continue to have them on a yearly rotation however, I believe that once a year we should also have an event in which we can spend gold to buy transmogrification scrolls directly from an event vendor. The vendor prices of different transmog scrolls should vary from say as low as 5kk to even as high as 250kk+.

These transmogrifcation scrolls should be purely cosmetic when applied to an item and should have no other impact other than changing the original graphic type. There is an absolute ton of cool armor graphic types that are unused in-game because they are not 'best-in-slot', non-medable or just simply unobtainable. I'm sure everyone here has suggestions for armor types that they personally would like to utilize and I'm sure the staff team could come up with some good ideas as well.

Another good idea to make this better than just a gold sink would be to make it an item sink as well.
Transmog scrolls should be tradeable between players however, I believe once a transmog scroll is applied the attached item should no longer be able to be traded. A context menu should be added to the applied item and when the item is clicked on it should give the option to remove and retrieve the transmog scroll but warning that it comes at the cost of destroying the item that it's attached to. I like this idea because it will take artifacts, runics and dyes off of the market which gives incentive to others to continue farming/crafting items into circulation.

Anyways, I hope others have some suggestions or ideas to add along with this, please keep the thread on track and lets finally make this happen!
Last edited by Anthony File on November 11th, 2019, 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Religion

Re: *Shard Event Suggestion* Transmogrification Gold Sink

Post by Bad Religion »

I like it but good luck. They couldnt even change two things on htown, doubt they will have time for something like this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

👎

Not being able to quickly see what a person is wearing is terrible.

Weps etc would be a nightmare. Same for headgear. You would be selling an advantage in pvp.

Sell darkside if you want a gold sink. Takes 0 coding and aleady has value/desire.

No thanks.

Ps- have fun coding all the shit you’re asking for
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

I like how pest did transmogs. You'd get like a darkside bone helmet deed from events and would just click your hom or whatever and it would change to a bone helmet with that hue.
Anthony File likes this.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Arden wrote: November 11th, 2019, 4:12 am 👎

Not being able to quickly see what a person is wearing is terrible.

Weps etc would be a nightmare. Same for headgear. You would be selling an advantage in pvp.

Sell darkside if you want a gold sink. Takes 0 coding and aleady has value/desire.

No thanks.

Ps- have fun coding all the shit you’re asking for

I didn't once state that weapons should be allowed to be transmogrified, I agree that weapons would be an issue which is why I didn't include them.

Seeing someone in a dragon helmet or epaulettes isn't really giving you a disadvantage to them in PvP however.

Is your tactics while fighting me really going to change when I switch from DCI Glasses to HoM?... I think not. With Transmogs also being permanently bound to items as I've suggested, you'll figure out what everyone is wearing in no time anyway.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. I'm sure a lot more people want armor transmogs than those opposed though.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Bad Religion wrote: November 11th, 2019, 4:18 am I like how pest did transmogs. You'd get like a darkside bone helmet deed from events and would just click your hom or whatever and it would change to a bone helmet with that hue.
While I liked what Pestilent did with transmogs, I think they shouldn't alter the hue on here. Instead it should be up to the player to dye their item thus still giving Darkside dyes value and if done in the way I suggest it will also be an item sink.
Arden

Post by Arden »

I don’t know if “more” support.

“More” wanted tram casting which was quickly proved wrong.

Gold sinks work bc they are consumable. You’re talking about a perm deed correct? That you get back but break the item. Eventually someone could have hundreds of these things. Not a gold gold sink.

I don’t support this, but IF they do it it should be like the 2 week mounts. Some loves those. And “falls” off after x-time forcing yih to buy another. It should also affect the item negatively in some way - strip it of all dyes (darkside etc) sounds good

Gold sinks drive re-purchase. Nothing is re-purchasable about a perm deed.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Arden wrote: November 11th, 2019, 4:49 am I don’t know if “more” support.

“More” wanted tram casting which was quickly proved wrong.

Gold sinks work bc they are consumable. You’re talking about a perm deed correct? That you get back but break the item. Eventually someone could have hundreds of these things. Not a gold gold sink.

I don’t support this, but IF they do it it should be like the 2 week mounts. Some loves those. And “falls” off after x-time forcing yih to buy another. It should also affect the item negatively in some way - strip it of all dyes (darkside etc) sounds good

Gold sinks drive re-purchase. Nothing is re-purchasable about a perm deed.
If implemented how I suggest, you could buy a scroll worth up to 250kk+ which can then be bound to an item and if a player ever wants to retrieve said scroll they will be destroying whatever attached item (and accompanying dye). Up to 250kk+ gold has been taken out of the game for this transmog scroll and it's potentially destroying high end items if a player ever desires to retrieve the scroll back. It's also taking the bound items out of trade circulation because with using simple variables they can be made non-tradeable (would also need to prevent bound items from being stored on mannequins, which is already done with other variables). This is both a Gold & Item sink combined. This is a Win:Win for the players and economy and is actually a lot easier to code into the game than you first suggested.

All it requires is trade variables which already exist, overriding graphic variables which already exist, and a simple context menu & gump for bound items warning of item destruction and confirmation. This would be extremely easy for Eos to implement and I'm sure Selene and the new GMs would love to have a part in coming up with graphic types to add.

Another idea to further get rid of transmog scrolls on the game would be to allow players to use another transmog scroll on an item that already has been bound. Don't like your Floppy Hat anymore and you've acquired a new Large Tribal Mask transmog? Simply apply your new transmog over your already bound item and now you're the king of the jungle. This is a further item sink on top of an item sink on top of a gold sink (sink-ception), since you were worried about transmogs being too abundant over time.
Arden

Re: *Shard Event Suggestion* Transmogrification Gold & Item Sink

Post by Arden »

You said 5kk-250kk

Now you’re assuming the value of a 250kk one.

Look at it from a 5kk stand point. I could have a thousands of those.

You really think someone is going to spend 250kk and then break the item or wipe the transmog with another 250kk.

On another completely separate thing - once again trying to add custom stuff to a sever that has took a hard stance on being accurate makes no sense.

Like I said 👎

Ps - stop assuming what staff or players want.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Arden wrote: November 11th, 2019, 5:51 am You said 5kk-250kk

Now you’re assuming the value of a 250kk one.

Look at it from a 5kk stand point. I could have a thousands of those.

You really think someone is going to spend 250kk and then break the item or wipe the transmog with another 250kk.

On another completely separate thing - once again trying to add custom stuff to a sever that has took a hard stance on being accurate makes no sense.

Like I said 👎

Ps - stop assuming what staff or players want.

Spending 5kk for a Floppy Hat transmog isn't unreasonable and I doubt many people are going to be hording and trading those around after an event at unrealistic prices.

To run around looking this freakin' cool though? -
Dragon_Turtle_Armor.png
Dragon_Turtle_Armor.png (9.23 KiB) Viewed 8352 times
Tiger_Pelt_Armor.png
Tiger_Pelt_Armor.png (12.6 KiB) Viewed 8352 times
Bone_Armor.png
Bone_Armor.png (7.28 KiB) Viewed 8351 times
This is where it we should see that it starts getting pricey.

_

There have been numerous discussions in my guild lately where transmogs were brought up just recently. For instance Ghent wants Epaulette transmogs for his Conjurer's Garb, that would be really cool and would add some diversity. -
Epaulettes.jpg
Epaulettes.jpg (7.4 KiB) Viewed 8347 times
_

What is being suggested has no impact on game mechanics and is purely cosmetic. Your opinion to disagree is yours to have and I respect that but I'm quite certain a lot of people would like to see an event of this sorts.

Overall, this is just a *Suggestion* for a Gold & Item sink event.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

This is currently what literally every player looks like in game right now aside from color variations.
Armor Variants.png
Armor Variants.png (84.83 KiB) Viewed 8337 times

Wouldn't it be cool if we utilized graphic types that are completely unused and dead content right now? The only reason I'm not rocking a full set of bone armor is because it's non-medable and non-BiS for any template. There should be a little bit of diversity and transmogs would definitely make things interesting in that aspect. They would have literally no influence on PvP/PvM and would be purely cosmetic, just as darkside dyes are.

I'm a 25-year old man who enjoys playing a 20 year old MMORPG, I want to play dress-up with my virtual paperdolls and I'm not ashamed to admit that.
Evil_Puppet

Post by Evil_Puppet »

This would be a good idea, but I think something like sash layering deed would be the peek of transmogrify or making items stand out even more, After all wouldn't this transmogrify idea mess with market prices???
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Evil_Puppet wrote: November 11th, 2019, 8:47 am This would be a good idea, but I think something like sash layering deed would be the peek of transmogrify or making items stand out even more, After all wouldn't this transmogrify idea mess with market prices???

Hopefully it would mess with prices, the economy in it's current state definitely isn't the greatest. The suggestions I've came up with would remove a ton of gold and permanently remove high end runics/artifacts from trade circulation thus improving the health of the economy in the long run on top of it being a new way to further stand-out from the crowd.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Anthony File wrote: November 11th, 2019, 12:26 pm
Evil_Puppet wrote: November 11th, 2019, 8:47 am This would be a good idea, but I think something like sash layering deed would be the peek of transmogrify or making items stand out even more, After all wouldn't this transmogrify idea mess with market prices???

Hopefully it would mess with prices, the economy in it's current state definitely isn't the greatest. The suggestions I've came up with would remove a ton of gold and permanently remove high end runics/artifacts from trade circulation thus improving the health of the economy in the long run on top of it being a new way to further stand-out from the crowd.
said the guy that is lowering the price of garb and inc the price of brsk that are done afk... great point.

Best option is to make TOT Great pigments active with 3x more price for pigment = remove tot + incr the price of gr8 pigs and letting ppl sale them instead of keeping.

Plus how it was said best gold sing is DS dyes = less coding and less influance on pvp etc etc.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Shallan wrote: November 11th, 2019, 1:27 pm
Anthony File wrote: November 11th, 2019, 12:26 pm

said the guy that is lowering the price of garb and inc the price of brsk that are done afk... great point.

Best option is to make TOT Great pigments active with 3x more price for pigment = remove tot + incr the price of gr8 pigs and letting ppl sale them instead of keeping.

Plus how it was said best gold sing is DS dyes = less coding and less influance on pvp etc etc.
I’m not manipulating prices of Garbs / BRSKs. Only buying/selling for the value I personally feel they’re worth. No one is obligated to trade with me, but I won’t discuss that further on here as it’s off-track of the topic.

While I agree that Darkside dyes have been good gold sink opportunities in the past, there is room to improve and currently there is nothing in place as an item sink which I think my suggestion would work really well. My suggestion has nothing to do with having any influence on PvP/PvM or any game mechanics for that matter, it’s simply a gold/item sink which offers cosmetic alternatives to participants.

Tokuno pigments have nothing to do with a Gold/Item sink, though I do believe they are also great events to have in rotation.
Last edited by Anthony File on November 11th, 2019, 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.