One of the reasons demise has few decent mage weapons.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Llama Vortex

One of the reasons demise has few decent mage weapons.

Post by The Llama Vortex »

Well I noticed that a lot of people here use BMAutoLooting / BMItemEval in order to evaluate the loot when farming mobs.
The problem is that BMItemEval doesn't evaluate well mage weapons that would be valued as top weapons for pvpers.

For instance, let's imagine a mage weapon -20, DCI 15, SC -0:

BMItemEval would value that weapon as follows:

MAGE WEAPON -20

SET %value %value + ( ( 31 - %_mw_skill ) / 4 )

TOTAL = (31-20)/4 = 2.75

SC - 0
IF ( spell , #SPC , channeling IN #PROPERTY )
{
SET %value %value + 4
IF ( faster , #SPC , casting , #SPC , -1 IN #PROPERTY )
SET %value %value - 3

TOTAL = 2.75 + 4 = 6.75

DCI 15
GOSUB Property defense , #spc , chance
IF #RESULT >= 6
SET %value %value + ( #RESULT / 2 ) + ( #RESULT / 3 )

TOTAL = 6.75 + 7.5 + 5 = 19,25

Since most of the people I talked to, sets a loot value of 20 (or even 25), their script would leave that awesome weapon in the belly of the beast.

The solution? Well there are many, but setting a little bit more value for weapons without penal ( maybe 10, instead of miserable 4 points) already works. This is on the line 368 of the BMItemEval script.
Will-twins likes this.
Arden

Re: One of the reasons demise has few decent mage weapons.

Post by Arden »

You realize using BM item eval is illegal right? Auto looting and auto determing value of an item isnt possible in UOS/razor, which makes it illegal..

Any chance we can ban this newb? Or is staff once again going to look the other way?

Client
Allowed client modifications are limited to art changes only. Your client and assistant program should otherwise remain unmodified.
Authorized third party software includes:
UOSteam
Razor
UOCartographer
UOWedding
UO Automap
UOBod
EasyUO may be used, but only for actions possible and allowed in Razor/UOSteam.
Maloskies likes this.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

lol, posting about using illegal auto looting scripts on the forums.
Discord: Maloskies#2094
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

can you pm me the full script plz?
just curious how easy the language is and how it works.

i might fix it for you if you dont mind me putting in something special to look specifically for the ones i am looking for :P

i think this is a larger problem of AFK farming. banning one person or not being able to loot one specific item is not gonna fix the problem.

what might fix it is allowing players to issue the afk check and give some small reward for catching people ;)
cooldown on it maybe to stop abuse. or a 2 fail checks and blocked for a day?

maybe make the jailing backfire if they are clearly abusing it, like same person issues a bad check 3 times on same player.
the jail stuff could be cool, set a trial date and draw a jury from the players online, make it a lil event. decisions purely advisory.
just ideas like.

what if you just linked it to the virtue system and gave them a chunk of virtue points in whichever they chose. would be nice to get my sacrifice back up. im sure Bama would approve ;P

cant issue afk check in guard zone or house?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Llama Vortex wrote: November 25th, 2019, 2:04 am Well I noticed that a lot of people here use BMAutoLooting / BMItemEval in order to evaluate the loot when farming mobs.
The problem is that BMItemEval doesn't evaluate well mage weapons that would be valued as top weapons for pvpers.

For instance, let's imagine a mage weapon -20, DCI 15, SC -0:

BMItemEval would value that weapon as follows:

MAGE WEAPON -20

SET %value %value + ( ( 31 - %_mw_skill ) / 4 )

TOTAL = (31-20)/4 = 2.75

SC - 0
IF ( spell , #SPC , channeling IN #PROPERTY )
{
SET %value %value + 4
IF ( faster , #SPC , casting , #SPC , -1 IN #PROPERTY )
SET %value %value - 3

TOTAL = 2.75 + 4 = 6.75

DCI 15
GOSUB Property defense , #spc , chance
IF #RESULT >= 6
SET %value %value + ( #RESULT / 2 ) + ( #RESULT / 3 )

TOTAL = 6.75 + 7.5 + 5 = 19,25

Since most of the people I talked to, sets a loot value of 20 (or even 25), their script would leave that awesome weapon in the belly of the beast.

The solution? Well there are many, but setting a little bit more value for weapons without penal ( maybe 10, instead of miserable 4 points) already works. This is on the line 368 of the BMItemEval script.

I NEVER EVER get the freaking memos

So to clear things up

We are ALLOWED to use an auto looter
Or
We are ALLOWED to use an auto looter but it has to be this one

Like I said I didn’t get the memo and I and that 1 other person would like to know

It kind of makes you wonder what else is going on lol
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Llama Vortex

Post by The Llama Vortex »

People like the game of pretending here in Demise. Well, sue me! :coffee:.
Let me play it as well: so if you were using this illegal script you wouldn't get a good mageweapon by choosing a loot score of 20. But don't you worry, since using any kind of loot evaluator is against Demise's rules, and we all are clearly going through every miasma loot by ourselves, including KVG, that doesn't concern us, just the outlaw's.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

He didnt say he uses it. This is all in theory no reason to go calling the cops.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

Mr Straitions wrote: November 26th, 2019, 2:04 am He didnt say he uses it. This is all in theory no reason to go calling the cops.
Are u still shit
Discord: Maloskies#2094
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Actually an item auto evaluator is 100% possible with steam. That's what your hw macro is doing when it looks at jewelry. You can even assign weights like bma as is done with the armor sorting macro.

You can technically use the click screen function in uos to dry loot a corpse and then sort through the items in your inventory. It is highly inefficient, tho.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."