Accepted Champion health/resists

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Shallan

Re: Champion health/resists

Post by Shallan »

Cant Agree more :)

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
isterico

Post by isterico »

Maloskies wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 8:56 am
isterico wrote: November 30th, 2019, 3:16 pm We are talking to make champions 5 TIMES longer to be killed. It's a huge change man.

Sure, there will be longer raid sessions but I can't imagine how a newbye could pay 50kk for a 120 archery. About collar and sash, its will double the price (5x in long term scenario?).

Dunno if this is a good idea... anyway, i read "accepted" in the title. . .
Champs are supposed to be end game content, they should be hard and the rewards should cost a lot if you have to organize guilds to defend them, or groups to do them.

This + fixing protection to be 90 tiles might make dungeon pvp a bit more viable again.
I agree. It was messed for a really long time man, my fears goes to new players. That's all.
Less greedy by old players may help to fix this gap in my opinion. But it depends by the guild.. ( not all guilds are like kvg :* )

Anyway, this fix will be a bomb for the market. in any case. I will run asap to buy valuable sops, sashes and collars :D
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

As much as I like the idea, it’s just going to benefit people who are already super rich and suppress newer and mid level players, making endgame even harder for them to reach. You already have to script endlessly to get your gear here. I know if my account had been deleted after the 6 years I was inactive I never would’ve even bothered because you really have to just script endlessly here as is

RIP new and solo/small groups

Are those stats as they are, or as they were in the specific era Demise is trying to emulate, or were they the same?
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

^ I feel like the HP change came later too, but that would be outside of what Brad outlined with champ specials I'm pretty sure. Rikky was always kind of a bitch with his EQ and semi always did destroy male chars if I remember correctly.

Osi also changed coons name to just "the Piper" cuz coon was racist apparently lol but that was semi recent
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

As far as I know, people script bods/hw/resource gathering for gold, it’s much faster than spawns for income, and easier.

Spawns are made for pvp, it’s supposed to be worth fighting over, not for new players to solo, you can already 115 out of player for nearly free on this server, so buffing the champs wouldn’t hurt the new player economy, it’d just make dungeon fights harder and more interesting, because you’d have to actually hold and defend the boss rather than luring it and killing it in less than a few minutes.
Discord: Maloskies#2094
Shallan and Bama like this.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Maloskies wrote: December 4th, 2019, 10:06 pm As far as I know, people script bods/hw/resource gathering for gold, it’s much faster than spawns for income, and easier.

Spawns are made for pvp, it’s supposed to be worth fighting over, not for new players to solo, you can already 115 out of player for nearly free on this server, so buffing the champs wouldn’t hurt the new player economy, it’d just make dungeon fights harder and more interesting, because you’d have to actually hold and defend the boss rather than luring it and killing it in less than a few minutes.
The point I was making wasn't about "who fel spawns are for" its about the effect it will have on the economy overall, further pushing inflation and forcing players "without" into longer farming sessions, and making a higher likelyhood/demand for the endless afk scripting thats already pretty bad.

I like the idea personally, and think it would make things more interesting, I just think its got a downside that's being overlooked...the downside adding to an issue that makes people not bother with this server after a few weeks of playing.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Maloskies wrote: December 4th, 2019, 10:06 pm a few minutes.
More like 30-50 sec ... with 4-5 archers/ mages spaming explo pots

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Shallan wrote: December 5th, 2019, 8:13 am
Maloskies wrote: December 4th, 2019, 10:06 pm a few minutes.
More like 30-50 sec ... with 4-5 archers/ mages spaming explo pots
Agree with that-semidar solo with slayer weapon sometimes just die too fast
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573