What do you do for living?

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Known Aim

What do you do for living?

Post by Known Aim »

Hi there!
Guys what do you actually do for your living? It is really interesting to find out :) I am a regular manager. You?
Facko

Re: What do you do for living?

Post by Facko »

Electrician and professional asshole and drinker!

Space bastard for hire!
ultio mea est
kentares and Lmoreno2695 like this.
Woodnote

Post by Woodnote »

I work as an admin at a site. It has been my work for over 3 years already :) also I am into fixing the issues about SIP telephony. Don't mix it with VoIP, here is a great article about what I am doing https://voximplant.com/blog/sip-telephony ;)
Last edited by Woodnote on October 23rd, 2020, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kentares likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Currently in-between jobs after I left my previous job due to computer hardware issues:

Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
kentares likes this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Team Lead, Person-To-Blame-In-Case-Of-Whatever
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
kentares likes this.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Full time musician, part time MMA coach
kentares likes this.
kentares

Post by kentares »

Remote technical support for a digital curriculum company.
Gargl Kark likes this.
Barnicoat

Post by Barnicoat »

I tell people what to code and sometimes code myself if we get really, really desperate...
Gargl Kark likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

For living,

I breath in and breath out 1.2 times every second.
I also require regular hydration in the form of water, juice, milk, or even sparkling beverages.
In order to also have some energy, I also ingest nutrients at the frequence of 2 meals a day.

But as of lately, I sacrifice years of my life, so I don't get sick. Living is a luxury I don't have no more, I can only survive!
kentares and Calvin like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Made In Quebec wrote: April 14th, 2021, 6:06 pm Living is a luxury I don't have no more, I can only survive!
'Life' is totally over-rated anyway. ;)

that shit'll kill ya :lol:
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Calvin wrote: April 15th, 2021, 4:12 am
Made In Quebec wrote: April 14th, 2021, 6:06 pm Living is a luxury I don't have no more, I can only survive!
'Life' is totally over-rated anyway. ;)

that shit'll kill ya :lol:
The science of your argument is completely undeniable!
kentares and Calvin like this.
Known Aim

Post by Known Aim »

Not long ago started doing several financial courses on Coursera. Hope to improve my financial competence :) also I read tons of finance-related articles to get a better understanding of how money works. Say, not long ago I was wondering what a financial derivative is and found this great article written in plain English. There are lots of such materials on the site. Great analytical department :D
Last edited by Known Aim on June 1st, 2021, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Known Aim wrote: May 27th, 2021, 8:36 pm Not long ago started doing several financial courses on Coursera. Hope to improve my financial competence :)
i dont mean to discourage anyone from self improvement, but in my experience courses only improve their own financial competence.. they are kinda a product, sold to you as a package. all it really takes to improve your financial circumstances is to actively do stuff about it. imo courses are a misdirect.. you spend your time and energy on them, which you should be spending on like starting a business or working at a job.

if you are doing a course/qualification, make sure it's one that is industry recognised (which is not many), or one that teaches you practical skills that you can market or use for yourself. dont get suckered into being their business's commodity.