Complete Newbie, interested in the game

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Myiornis

Got Interested in this game, complete newbie

Post by Myiornis »

Hello, everyone! Nice to meet you, Demise Community! :lol:

I am, as stated before, a complete newbie at this game. Never played it. I heard this "shard" (I think that's how you call it) has a nice community and active players, as well as brazilians, so I thought it would be nice to start here.

I do have questions :coffee: :
1) Should I play in this server or in the original?

2) Should I install the Classic Client or the Enhanced Client? What the difference?

3) Is there anything I should know before playing?

4) What should be my objective as a new player?

5) Is Roleplaying a major concept in this game?

So... if there's anything you want to say, or some nice tips, it is going to be pretty nice!
And again, nice to meet you all! :mrgreen:
Myiornis

Complete Newbie, interested in the game

Post by Myiornis »

Hey, everyone! Nice to meet you all! :lol:

As stated before, this is a post from a complete newbie in the game, never played it, but got pretty interested in it!

I heard about this "shard" (I think that's how you call it) searching about Ultima Online. I heard it has a nice and active community, and also brasilians, so I thought it would be good to start here.

I have questions, if you could answer me please :coffee: :

1) What client should I download, the Classic or the Enhanced version?

2) Should I play this server, or the original game?

3) How different it is from the original?

4) What should be my objective in the game?

5) Is there any tips you want to give me to play this game?

Well, I think that is it for now...
And again, nice to meet you, Demise Community! :D
Last edited by Myiornis on September 23rd, 2020, 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Silvertiger

Re: Complete Newbie, interested in the game

Post by The Silvertiger »

Hello! Welcome!

First post:
1) That is entirely up to you and whether you prefer this era.
2) Classic
3) I would suggest you run the game through razor or uosteam. Then enjoy the journey.
4) To get rich.... j/k.... To have fun of course!
5) Major no, but you can roleplay if you wish. We used to have a nice roleplay community here. Who knows? You may spark a revival of the roleplay community.

Second post:

1) Classic
2) That is entirely up to you and whether you prefer this era.
3) This server is somewhere between 10 and 15 years behind retail UO. People mainly play here because they enjoy the era, it's free, and/or nostalgia associated with the server.
4) see previous #4
5) If you grind you will get burnt out. Give yourself some targets and go from there. Most importantly remember that this is a game therefore the primary objective is always to have fun.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Myiornis

Post by Myiornis »

The Silvertiger wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 1:31 pm Hello! Welcome!

First post:
1) That is entirely up to you and whether you prefer this era.
2) Classic
3) I would suggest you run the game through razor or uosteam. Then enjoy the journey.
4) To get rich.... j/k.... To have fun of course!
5) Major no, but you can roleplay if you wish. We used to have a nice roleplay community here. Who knows? You may spark a revival of the roleplay community.

Second post:

1) Classic
2) That is entirely up to you and whether you prefer this era.
3) This server is somewhere between 10 and 15 years behind retail UO. People mainly play here because they enjoy the era, it's free, and/or nostalgia associated with the server.
4) see previous #4
5) If you grind you will get burnt out. Give yourself some targets and go from there. Most importantly remember that this is a game therefore the primary objective is always to have fun.
Thanks for the help, dude! I ended up sending two posts because I am stupid :coffee: but thank you!
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

if you never before play UO, best is start with demise here,

here are some rule
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6
easy say: not afk gather resurce, maxed limit is 4 ACC and dont piss others players xD

make total 6 characters
craft, tamer, archer, warior, mage, treasure hunter

start with mage and tamer
here are some nice page for skills combination
https://uodemiseguide.spokland.com/character/template

learn make easy macro for train skills with UOsteam

enjoy gather items, build house and killing bosses pearless, champs and event mosters

later when you do all this you can move other shard with imbuing it is petty interesting concept of crafting ideal items, new moster new champs, new skill mystick and style pvp with maxed properity
Myiornis

Post by Myiornis »

MMMartin wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 3:37 pm if you never before play UO, best is start with demise here,

here are some rule
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6
easy say: not afk gather resurce, maxed limit is 4 ACC and dont piss others players xD

make total 6 characters
craft, tamer, archer, warior, mage, treasure hunter

start with mage and tamer
here are some nice page for skills combination
https://uodemiseguide.spokland.com/character/template

learn make easy macro for train skills with UOsteam

enjoy gather items, build house and killing bosses pearless, champs and event mosters

later when you do all this you can move other shard with imbuing it is petty interesting concept of crafting ideal items, new moster new champs, new skill mystick and style pvp with maxed properity
Thanks for your answer, dude! Already installed the game (hope I did it right) and Razor. I am going to play right now! :lol:
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

you can instal both of them, UOsteam is better xD