What other games are you guys currently playing?

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
jpmauruto

Re: What other games are you guys currently playing?

Post by jpmauruto »

tudo noia, isso sim
Queroooooo caféeee
ivanarnaldo

Post by ivanarnaldo »

CS 1.6, yeah I'm very nostalgic... lol
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

this could be interesting

kentares likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's like £3, very good fun, but nor massive lastability.

the guys a bit grumpy tho

nice to see genres evolve:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lol this is what happens when your game is in development too long and ends up using a last gen engine.

not sure if my rig could run it tbh, they have cranked the textures, shaders, and meshes up to max to try and hide that it's an old engine.
awesome artists and level designers, baaaad programmers.
looks a lot like the original deus ex tho, which was great, seems like the game the new one shoulda been.

thing is with games.. most of what is there is smoke and mirrors, like corridors which are actually dead ends, but you dont choose to go down them. the trick is to make everything seamless and not break the player's immersion. so even tho there is no room behind the door, you believe there is.. the bugs kinda ruin that :/
it looks like a lot of fun, but it's gonna be constantly fighting between being sortware and being the immersive experience games strive for these days.
Vampire337 likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: December 14th, 2020, 2:39 pm lol this is what happens when your game is in development too long and ends up using a last gen engine.

not sure if my rig could run it tbh, they have cranked the textures, shaders, and meshes up to max to try and hide that it's an old engine.
awesome artists and level designers, baaaad programmers.
looks a lot like the original deus ex tho, which was great, seems like the game the new one shoulda been.

thing is with games.. most of what is there is smoke and mirrors, like corridors which are actually dead ends, but you dont choose to go down them. the trick is to make everything seamless and not break the player's immersion. so even tho there is no room behind the door, you believe there is.. the bugs kinda ruin that :/
it looks like a lot of fun, but it's gonna be constantly fighting between being sortware and being the immersive experience games strive for these days.
Either I'm part of the lucky minority that hasn't gone through this, just like with the skyrim launch, or people are being hyperbolic in the extreme. It definitely looks scaled down on ps4 but other than that I'm just not hitting game breaking bugs i keep seeing online.

I've never seen a dragon fly backwards... and I'm not seeing many issues with this.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ya might be right, people do like to make a fuss and drag shit down ;)

Facko

Post by Facko »

All that being said, the only real criticism I have is that a lot of the systems you saw previewed are missing from the game. The life path stuff for instance. They really want you to be a street kid.

But I'm having fun with the game. It's what the shadowrun games should have been minus the magic stuff. Not that I mind shadowrun returns but it's just xcom with more character micro management mashed up with elements from the old console rpgs. It should have been more like cyberpunk is but it was also a crowd funded game so it is what it is. Never gonna touch the xbox version again tho lol.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
kentares

Post by kentares »

Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

kentares wrote: December 19th, 2020, 12:29 am Image
Great game!

Alhouth the Sega Gensis version was quite better in my opinion. If you have not tried it, you should!
kentares and Facko like this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Schattenlouf!

I replay this a lot. The matrix was a game unto itself. Try it with the Troll or Elf mods.
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

About 100 hours in on cyberpunk. Kinda addicted to it. Already finished the main story once. The side quests do matter if you want options at the end. Spend time doing quest chains and you'll probably love this. Railroad the main story and you might toss your controller at the screen. How you play games kinda matters here with how the story goes. At least that's there. Loving the sound track too when I can give it a chance. Ponpon shit!

There are a lot of frustrating bugs the deeper you go but the fun factor is high. If you're a power gamer maybe put it on hard or expert to start. My only problem with the game is how easy it is... you can max your main stat by level 15 and be Godlike once you have the options figured out.

Skyrim all over again and I'm kinda loving it. But I love character building (why I still play uo here and there) and this game doesn't disappoint in that department.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

sounds alright tbh, problem i always had with the bethesda games was i would wander off the main quest line, and just lose the plot. so i can kinda dig that they've done more side quests than main
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

thought i'd give this a try

it's basically a cross of mount and blade and dynasty warriors, with a bit of moba style added.. so like it's 15 heroes vs 15 heroes, mount and blade style siege battles and character/warband development, each hero commands a unit of soldiers from their warband. combat's like dynasty warriors. it's pretty good actually, tho the open world part and all the extra stuff is confusing and un-necessary.. i'll probably never learn it cos im just playing the mutiplayer matches.

it's f2p on steam tho. bit laggy/not very well optimized cos it's more a spiritual successor than an itteration. but the mechanics are all pretty on point.
(it's to mount and blade, what leagues is to dota2)

i had a pure lolz one last night, set my unit guarding a gate and went outside to duel this hero that was running about, but while dueling we ended up swapping sides, so his back was to the gate; ordered my unit to advance. funny as fk watching him get swallowed up by a gank squad creeping up from behind :P

just spent all my shit on a squad of frikkin riflemen.
we likes to park them around a corner and get people to chase me lol

starting to look pretty badass too

it will get repetitive tbh, but for now it's fun.