Inflation and 125 item count (gold)

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Loler

Re: Inflation and 125 item count (gold)

Post by Loler »

So you put the messed up check on your other account set an item on your vendor account and buy it back. boom all gold on vendor u can remake a 100kk check if u want after.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Calvin wrote:yeah but that's not the point, the point is things like the item count in the bank will become too easily fuxed, and that will cause extra problems... you need to keep it isolated from all the other mechanics cos it's not been made to accommodate it originally

like lets say you have a 100kk check in your bank, then you need 2k gold in cash to buy something off a vendor. think what would happen
You will have a check of 99.998 MIL'S left in your bank box
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Or in your backpack. ^^^^ former hybrid staff member knows this stuff.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

The Silvertiger wrote:Or in your backpack. ^^^^ former hybrid staff member knows this stuff.
I can assure that considering the amount of time that has passed since I last stepped in Hybrid, I don't know shit, I'm just assuming lol
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you cant buy things for less than 5k straight out of the bank.

so you double click the check? boom full bank box, refund check of the remainder in your pack.

now you take out the 2k? now put the check back in the bank? cant it's full.. make a check of the money there maybe? now you have 2 checks... how do we combine these.. it just gets worse from there

yeah you can bring a vendor in, but you're asking too much of the player.

but my point is you can accommodate it, if you keep it completely separate from the existing system.
otherwise you have to change the whole system. whether that's the number of items in the bank box, the amount of gold in a stack, the way gold is counted and stored, whatever; it would need a major overhaul to work properly, because changing one thing will have knock on effects to another thing. lets say you increase bank storage - now what about gold farmers, or house storage becomes pointless, idocs and people quitting or getting banned.. there's loads. gold stack size, well reetus points out it's a 16 bit limitation, so you'd have to overhaul it to be 32 bit. my point is it's not as simple as you think it would be, but you can make a work around that would get the same effect. 90% of games are smoke and mirrors bro, workarounds that have the same effect. just you give it a narrative spin, call the vendor a stock broker and the checks bonds or something
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I believe it's 2k+ that you can buy items from bank. The rest just fill your bank up and test it.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
BCrowly

Post by BCrowly »

Can't wait to see MB 1 billion check drop in one piece.
Loler

Post by Loler »

You can just stick to 1kk checks if you don't want the hassle to deal with 100kk check. Also if u crack a check and don't have enough room to crack the whole thing it will make as many 60k piles of gold as you can make then stop leaving 125 items in your bank including the check that's left over. Oh and making it based off vendor is probably the best option cause then the check size can be anything(well up to ~2 billion) and you don't have to worry about changing bank size to accommodate anything
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

dealing with a 10kk check is one thing, dealing with a 100kk check is another thing.

but making it so you can have any check, that is over 1kk, is tricky.

people will store all their money in 1 check that will be like 36,342,656gp. that's what you need to avoid because it cause a lot of problems for an average player that doesn't use vendors and things to store gold

maybe you could make checks single clickable and you can then select the amount of gold to cash out of it? but you would have to do something. or you double click it and it opens up a gump to ask how much you want to cash...
Last edited by Calvin on November 23rd, 2018, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loler

Post by Loler »

You have 36kk check. U want to make a smaller check and to lazy to use vendor. You double click check in bank it destacks it as many times as it can in 60k piles till it leaves enough room for 1 check and all the gold stacks. then u make a check for that size and do it again. Btw with an empty bank u can hold 7.5kk
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

so when i go to buy something, instead of counting the checks, and making sure they're all 1kk... im gonna have to get my calculator out? for all these random number checks..

this sounds way worse for 99% of the players. more of a pain in the ass to handle money, more of a pain in the ass to trade, more of a pain in the ass to store... and uses up GM work time...

so as what? 1 or 2 players dont have to get involved in the larger economy?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

im gonna go to the shop to buy some milk, where did i leave my 98p coin
or maybe i'll buy a car, where is my £24,999 note

tho i suppose you could argue you would give a £24,999 cheque, but we dont use checks as checks really, we use checks as notes - or bills if you're american.

but then you have a $1 bill so yeah lol
Last edited by Calvin on November 23rd, 2018, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Calvin wrote:im gonna go to the shop to buy some milk, where did i leave my 98p coin
or maybe i'll buy a car, where is my £24,999 note

tho i suppose you could argue you would give a £24,999 cheque, but we dont use checks as checks really, we use checks as notes
I would just keep swiping the card and pay the minimum monthly payment!

Much easier that way!
Bama and Calvin like this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I dont see how you think it will make it harder to trade. you are woried about random checks but thats just people being lazy like yourself. I guess you'd rather count 120 1kk checks making sure every check is 1kk instead of counting 12 10kk checks or 1 100kk check and 1 20kk check. or if they use your system and make it so u can only use the ammount of gold u can check out of bank using only 5kk checks still. id rather count 24 5kk checks then 120 1kk checks making sure all are 1kk
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i dont like it when ignorant "smart" people think they know a better way and want to change things which are established and proven to work...

im skeptical is all. things are not as simple as people think, they are interconnected, you change one thing and it knocks on to other things.

thing is the established things were not like that originally, you have years of patching and tweaking which you will ALWAYS have to do again until you get it right.

i suggest you make a vendor that can break checks into 1kk checks is all.
so your trade of like 260kk would be like 26 10kk checks - but you then have to take those checks to a vendor to break them into 10x1kk checks
or buy 2 ornaments and trade 2 ornaments + 6x10kk checks
or 2 ornaments + 60x1kk checks.
or 2 ornaments + a sash + 1x10kk check + 5x1kk checks

it's universal with any system you mess with, like the industrial revolution and everyone is like "hey, we dont need big families, lets just do 2 parents and kids". then 50 years later we have no community. all im saying is fucking with stuff that works because you think you know better, is dangerous. the best thing you can do really, if you want to modify things is not impact on the existing system. eventually you might replace it.