[new] Hiryu Dismount

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Josh
Posts: 1050

[new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#1 » May 17th, 2019, 9:59 am

2007 change (during ML) - lesser hiryus should be 20% dismount chance.
"When a Lesser Hiryu chooses to perform the Dismount special maneuver, it will now have a 20% chance to succeed in performing the dismount. This chance use to be 100%" - Publish 46

I think lesser hiryu dismo chance is less than this (if a gm can verify and respond that'd be awesome).
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... th-august/

Lesser Hiryus on Demise seem to dismount WAAAYYYYY less than 20% of the time, this would be nice to be fixed or verified that it's coded correctly.

Small nuisances like this help make templates more viable.

*sidenote fix things like nerve strike, evasion, blood oath, flamestrike damage, efields working correctly, etc as well as casting (casting should be #1 right now, bc no one will join the server with the current casting 2/5 being better than 2/6) and different templates become more viable and allows for more diverse pvp, which is what makes a healthy pvp server.
koziar likes this.
Top

The Silvertiger
Posts: 3730

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#2 » May 18th, 2019, 4:08 am

Keyword: "when a lesser hiryu chooses"

This means when it procs the special it has a 20% chance to hit. They don't always choose to use this special.

Now there may be a formula issue still causing it not to choose this as much. Would like to have EOS back so it could be tested.
Price Check Forum Rant:
40 views 0 comments.../rant
Selling List

Discord: The Silvertiger #7402

Josh
Posts: 1050

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#3 » May 18th, 2019, 8:57 am

The Silvertiger wrote:Keyword: "when a lesser hiryu chooses"

This means when it procs the special it has a 20% chance to hit. They don't always choose to use this special.

Now there may be a formula issue still causing it not to choose this as much. Would like to have EOS back so it could be tested.

What? Then find me the % chance it *chooses* to use its special Bc basing your argument on that sentence meaning it’s less than 20% is retarded without actual evidence.

The Silvertiger
Posts: 3730

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#4 » May 18th, 2019, 2:14 pm

It's just basic English. Maybe, the Dev who wrote the sentence wrote it wrong. Will do more research, though.

Publish 46 was a great publish though. :)
Price Check Forum Rant:
40 views 0 comments.../rant
Selling List

Discord: The Silvertiger #7402

Josh
Posts: 1050

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#5 » May 18th, 2019, 6:07 pm

The Silvertiger wrote:It's just basic English. Maybe, the Dev who wrote the sentence wrote it wrong. Will do more research, though.

Publish 46 was a great publish though. :)

I mean people write incorrectly all the time. I understand how the sentence structure makes it could make it seem that way, but to give out those numbers and intending to have the message be like you describe would be stupid.

Also why troll bug posts? Go troll my other posts.

The Silvertiger
Posts: 3730

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#6 » May 18th, 2019, 6:15 pm

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:It's just basic English. Maybe, the Dev who wrote the sentence wrote it wrong. Will do more research, though.

Publish 46 was a great publish though. :)

I mean people write incorrectly all the time. I understand how the sentence structure makes it could make it seem that way, but to give out those numbers and intending to have the message be like you describe would be stupid.

Also why troll bug posts? Go troll my other posts.

It's not a troll. Just basic English. I know Spanish is the mode of communication for all you Mexicans in KvG, but this is written in English.

I have a feeling that on Demise they take DCI and skill into account whereas from the English above it's a straight 20% chance. Needs testing tho. Where's Eos!?
Price Check Forum Rant:
40 views 0 comments.../rant
Selling List

Discord: The Silvertiger #7402

Josh
Posts: 1050

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#7 » May 18th, 2019, 7:06 pm

The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:It's just basic English. Maybe, the Dev who wrote the sentence wrote it wrong. Will do more research, though.

Publish 46 was a great publish though. :)

I mean people write incorrectly all the time. I understand how the sentence structure makes it could make it seem that way, but to give out those numbers and intending to have the message be like you describe would be stupid.

Also why troll bug posts? Go troll my other posts.

It's not a troll. Just basic English. I know Spanish is the mode of communication for all you Mexicans in KvG, but this is written in English.

I have a feeling that on Demise they take DCI and skill into account whereas from the English above it's a straight 20% chance. Needs testing tho. Where's Eos!?

You’re retarded. Stop trolling. You’re terrible at it.

The Silvertiger
Posts: 3730

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#8 » May 18th, 2019, 8:39 pm

Just look at your posts then call me retarded. SMH


You know what, Josh says it should be like this just put it in. Don't test it or anything.
Price Check Forum Rant:
40 views 0 comments.../rant
Selling List

Discord: The Silvertiger #7402

Josh
Posts: 1050

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#9 » May 18th, 2019, 10:52 pm

The Silvertiger wrote:Just look at your posts then call me retarded. SMH


You know what, Josh says it should be like this just put it in. Don't test it or anything.

God you’re an absolute retard. This is quote from a publish meaning that’s how osi worked at the date.

What’s there to test? Pets work differently on osi, you get to pick their specials now so idk if you can even test that on osi currently.

Also, it’s pretty easy to look at the code you have implemented and look at the number value of Lesser Hiryus doing their special maneuver. If I had access to their code they actually use, I would verify for them.

Loler
Posts: 2341

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#10 » May 19th, 2019, 1:20 am

Several things.

1. The way it is worded is exactly what it meant. It wasn't a 20% after the change in pub 46. I can confirm 100% pre pub 46 it wasn't a 100% chance to dismount which is how the reverse is worded for pre pub 46.

There's probably better documentation i think it was like a 20% chance to start and they made it like a 4% chance after.

2. Demise intentionally nerfed hyrus and lessers and have made posts on this forum that they did so intentionally and didn't want to change it back.

3. If you want to post updates Instead of being a cocksucker every time someone disagrees with you or says something you don't agree with instead of instantly talking shit try to see if anything they are saying has any merit.

4. If anything the code that you are looking at obviously isn't easy for some to read or people in your guild would notice dog form at 120 ninja is 40 hpr not 4.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger likes this.
Top

Josh
Posts: 1050

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#11 » May 19th, 2019, 2:17 am

Loler wrote:
3. If you want to post updates Instead of being a cocksucker every time someone disagrees with you or says something you don't agree with instead of instantly talking shit try to see if anything they are saying has any merit.

Yea I asked him for evidence originally if you actually read, fuck face. I’m not a cocksucker with people I disagree with, I’m always down for a discussion, I don’t like fucktards who don’t provide evidence or actual arguments other than personal preferences.

Edit: He was basing his argument on sentence structure but I’ve seen a ton of poorly written things on publish notes, so that’s why I asked for evidence originally.

Loler wrote:4. If anything the code that you are looking at obviously isn't easy for some to read or people in your guild would notice dog form at 120 ninja is 40 hpr not 4.

I knew it was 40 hpr so I’m not sure who you’re referring to here, nor do I care.
Last edited by Josh on May 19th, 2019, 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Josh
Posts: 1050

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#12 » May 19th, 2019, 2:21 am

Loler wrote:Several things.

1. The way it is worded is exactly what it meant. It wasn't a 20% after the change in pub 46. I can confirm 100% pre pub 46 it wasn't a 100% chance to dismount which is how the reverse is worded for pre pub 46.

There's probably better documentation i think it was like a 20% chance to start and they made it like a 4% chance after.

2. Demise intentionally nerfed hyrus and lessers and have made posts on this forum that they did so intentionally and didn't want to change it back.


(Non-shit talking part)
I would like to see the better documentation because based on just publish notes I’ve read they were 100% and the pub 46 was 20%, I am down for it the that way ofc but without evidence I take what you and silvertiger say with a grain of salt.

And I didn’t know about the intentional nerf, I assume it was on the old forums which I never used. But it would also be nice to see a link to that and maybe have a discussion if those problems are as pervasive.

Arden
Posts: 1311

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#13 » May 19th, 2019, 4:15 am

You mean me?! I still say I’m reading it right

I said it’s possible that the dog is th only code In all of the regen. code that used 1200 instead of 120 but it’s unlikely. Everything else Follows basic c# code but dog regen doesn’t ..... bs
Fix casting; Remove MB from staff
Yumiako likes this.
Top

Arden
Posts: 1311

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#14 » May 19th, 2019, 4:17 am

On this topic I remember hyrus dismounting “ a lot” but i can’t give you a %

It wouldn’t surprise me if demise nerfed it. Server is pussy. It came out when corrupted armor came out so my guess the two chances were the same at the start. Look that up

0.7 chance to dismount
0.5 corrupt

On demise fyi
Fix casting; Remove MB from staff

Josh
Posts: 1050

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post#15 » May 19th, 2019, 4:33 am

Arden wrote:You mean me?! I still say I’m reading it right

I said it’s possible that the dog is th only code In all of the regen. code that used 1200 instead of 120 but it’s unlikely. Everything else Follows basic c# code but dog regen doesn’t ..... bs

on the dogform thing, uoguide said 4 hpr on it pre-2008, so runuo code could just be different than demise, which happens all the time.

Return to “Bug Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests